6

TW: alcohol, slight mention of drugs, !mentions of sexual assault!, violence. some scenes readers may find upsetting- if so, i advise skipping over it; discretion is advised. please if you find this chapter uncomfortable, just skip it; i don't want to trigger anyone even if there are trigger warnings here. if you feel triggered just by looking at the TW's please skip to the next chapter. 

i present to you...

"sober"

narrator's pov

getting clothed for the party, deryah started to have second thoughts. she had always put herself in a mindset where she told herself she would never find any fun or real reason behind going to a party. she had felt that she wouldn't gain anything from them, and they were just irresponsible pastimes for those who had nothing going on. but yet here she stood, in a mini, black, shimmering clubbing dress. it was skin tight, accentuated all of her curves and dips, and the straps were so thin, they were practically non-existent. she couldn't help but pull and pick at the dress, trying to make her figure less of a spectacle.

coming out of the bathroom, luna noticed her roommate's action and began to swat her hands. "stop picking at it will you? you look hot!" she was wearing something quite similar, but it was silver.

"when did you ever have the time to get these? we've been drowning in schoolwork-" she questioned, continuing to stare as she continued to have slight second thoughts.

"i've always had them. i do go out you know" she joked. deryah looked at luna for a quick second before she turned back to the mirror and examined her figure once more. she hoped that she wouldn't draw too much attention, especially the wrong kind. noticing how anxious her friend seemed, luna tried to change the topic to free her of her overthinking and second thoughts. "so josh said he'll meet us there, and what time does the party start?"

looking down at her locket, deryah shot her head back up at luna. "erm- fifteen minutes ago?" she said, not knowing if that was a good or bad thing.

"good! always be fashionably late to parties! it's always awkward when you're the first one there." she smiled, seeming excited. luna finished touching up her makeup, and grabbed deryah's hand. they strutted out of their common room, and headed to the dungeons.

arriving at the slytherin common room door, they noticed a brunette standing guard. he was twirling his wand, whilst his back was pressed against the stiff brick wall. when he noticed the young ladies walking towards him, he straightened his posture in order to seem intimidating. "who are you?" he asked, trying to seem as intimidating as possible.

"we're both here with malfoy," they answered in unison.

muttering the password, the boy stepped out of the way, allowing them to enter the common room without any further questions. slowly walking into the party, her eyes were immediately met by flashy green strobes of light. the music was loud, and everyone either had a drink against the wall, was dancing, or were doing both while having the time of their life. a few were on the couch, but they looked like they were smoking or playing games.

luna wasted no time leaving deryah to go dance. "i'll be dancing if anything." she winked. she vanished into the crowd, while deryah made her way over to the table to grab a drink, standing near the wall to see if she noticed anyone.

seconds later, a large pair of arms slithered around her waist. she turned to see draco with a sly smirk on his face. "enjoying the party so far?"

deryah rolled her eyes, and rested her hand on his shoulder, tapping it slowly. "not even close bud." her tone was sarcastic as she took another sip of her drink.