29

a/n: hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! instead of doing a chapter every three to four days, i'll just drop one every week or so. :) love you guys and hope all is well also i'm sorry i'm late, but thank you lovelies for getting me to 9k! leave a vote <3

i present to you...

"time waits for no one"

narrator's pov

"stop picking at your tie, will you? you look handsome." deryah smacked blaise's hand away from his tie that he'd been messing with for the last fifteen minutes as they way their way to her manor; the place she called home.

"i'm trying to make a good impression!" he whisper shouted at her as they finally approached the door.

"for merlin's sake blaise, you're meeting my father, not the minister of magic, or worse, the queen. just breathe and try to relax," she knocked just as she finished her sentence, reaching down to hold his hand as they awaited for a response from those inside the house.

"queen or not, i'm not taking any chances-"

just before blaise finish his sentence, lafayette fontaine stepped from behind the large wooden door, his face of cold stone soon turning warm and welcoming as he caught sight of his daughter. "i agree with this young man! if he knows what's best for him, he'll dress tidy" he smiled, moving from their threshold to hug his daughter.

the couple had only let out nervous laughs as they tried to keep calm, her father scanning over the two. "i'm only joking, come in; please."

stepping inside as invited, deryah began to introduce her travel partner. "dad, this is-" looking behind her father, deryah noticed the crowd conversing and looking alive. "what's this?"

"well, we had planned a small get together with work friends, and some family members! i hope...what's your name, young man?"

"blaise, blaise zabini, sir."

"sir? i love him already!" lafayette smiled at his daughter, a beautiful row of pearly whites lighting up the room even more. "like i was saying, i hope blaise here doesn't mind the company here?"

"no, no sir! i'm thankful for you inviting me into your home." he nodded.

if it wasn't almost improper, deryah would've snorted at the sight of blaise being so tense and traditional. she had never witnessed this side of him, and she deemed it to be hilarious. i mean, the way he called her father 'sir', his handshakes were firm, who knew it took one person to make him so nervous, so shrunken.

before deryah could give anymore input into the conversation, her mother came over to the small group. lafayette wrapped an arm around her waist, placing a kiss on her cheek. "well, if it isn't the woman of the hour," he smiled. elizabeth only beamed in response as she hugged him back.

though she had never really spoken of it verbally, deryah had always been in awe of her parents' relationship. two fiery and hot-headed people came together, making one hot-headed child. the way he held and loved on her mother, made her smile. even though she had always cringed in front of them, she knew her mother was spoiled by the passionate love of her father; that's the way it should've been though. not only was her mother spoiled, but she had spoiled lafayette with the same abundance he had given her. it was a fifty-fifty love; two equals had come together to make a whole, and start a family.

she snapped from her trance when lafayette clasped his hands together, almost shaking her back into reality. "well, it seems only one of you is ready to join the party," he threw a small glance at deryah who was dressed it a white button down shirt and jeans. "but i'll let you both settle down in your rooms before joining everyone." the married couple dismissed the couple, watching slowly as they began to have an interaction.