28

a/n: hello! new chapterrr!!!

{CONTENT WARNING: this chapter contains sexual material unsuitable for some readers. if any of these make you uncomfortable, please feel free to skip over them, or exit the chapter all together.}

i present to you...

"new beginnings"

narrator's pov

"fancy a walk?" draco held out his hand hoping deryah wouldn't leave his hand empty with rejection.

she looked back at the group. the girls had seen no problem with this interaction, resulting with them nodding while shrugging. on the other hand, the boys remained cold and gave side eyes. turning back to draco, she placed her hand in his, hesitantly. "yeah- sure." in the corner of her eye, deryah could see blaise's energy shift. after making her cry more than twice, blaise was still upset with draco, but if deryah was willing to get over it, he guessed he would have no other choice but to do so as well. dismissing herself, the two made their way to the cloudy courtyard.

the walk was silent - comfortably silent, but when they reached their spot, things slowly started to ease up, the burden of the obvious tension lifting some of the weight off of their shoulders. although the clouds were gray and slow moving, it didn't mean that their conversation had to match. "how are you?" deryah started the conversation trying to avoid any more tension possible.

"i'm good, how are you?" even though they tried to steer clear of how awkward it would be, it was completely inevitable. they hadn't seen each other for days, and the last time they did, deryah was drunk confessing everything, or draco had dragged astoria to his dorm as a stress reliever.

the silence remained loud until they blurted out at the same time. "i'm sorry!" they paused for a moment before tittering at their simultaneous speaking.

"you can go first, draco."

"okay, well i just want to apologize for making you cry. i was selfish. i wasn't thinking about what you were going through and was only worried about healing and easing my own pain. sleeping with astoria was a grave mistake, i regretted every second of it. if it makes you feel any better, i moaned your name?" the contents of his question were to be mixed with dry and careful humor, but were also curious as to what deryah's reaction would be like.

staring at him with wide eyes for a second, deryah burst into laughter. "you did what?!" her cackles were even to be heard in the corridors; they were so loud. draco only laughed nervously, still preparing himself for the next words that were to come after she came down from her laughing high. lowering her tone, deryah sighed before continuing to speak. "look, it's going to come out later, so i might as well tell you now...i didn't do it- sleep with zabini i mean. we aren't even together. i lied because i didn't want to make things harder. but i don't think that matters anymore nor did it help; i guess we're somewhat even now." she tittered, followed by a heavy sigh.

"wait- what do you mean you're not with blaise?"

"okay, um- i know you're a blonde but, come on..." she teased.

"why? what happened? what did i miss?"

"nothing, i just haven't gotten around to it. and besides, with everything going on, it was just too much for me. dad being sick, us; it was all too much drama, and i just couldn't handle it, you know? i just needed my best friend."

"yeah i understand," draco watched deryah as she played with the stray blades of grass before he came up with a solution for both of her problems. "okay, then go tell blaise how you feel, then to top it off, bring him with you to meet your parents. it's a win-win for everyone."