8

a/n: first things first, i just wanted to thank all of you for getting me to 1K reads, i love you so much and i'm sending hugs and kisses. second, i just wanted to say that i know it's a short chapter, but i needed to update. either way, i hope you all enjoy this chapter! xo

TW: mention of violence,  mention of blood. mature language, reader discretion is advised.

i present to you...

"and that's not a threat darling, it's a promise"

narrator's pov

trudging to her common room, deryah began to think; she made up her mind that she wasn't going to let blaise control who she interacts with, whether it may be good or bad for her. she was in charge of herself, and no one would stop her from doing what she wanted. changing her mind, she swiftly turned around, and made her way to the dungeons.

just a few steps away from the common room, deryah stopped in her tracks when she spotted the same girl from the library. only this time, she was nestled under adrian as he had her pressed against the wall. his hands rested on her hips, and her hands were tangled in her hair as she twisted the curls with her fingers; boy, she really did get around. as his hands dropped further down her hips, deryah's mind became less fuzzy of what happened that night, the memories flashing in her head.

"don't be scared darling, i just want to show you something"

"adrian- please stop"

the memories repeated in her mind, causing her to become angry at the sight of him. what gave him the right to touch her? the audacity he had. at the same time, she was also angry at herself for getting that drunk to the point where she had no control over what she did. why did she let herself go that much? and why did no one stop her?

pushing the persistent thoughts to the side, deryah decided to confront him, but when she had looked back, they were walking into the common room and the door shut instantly behind them. jogging swiftly behind them, deryah approached the door. just then, she realized that she hadn't known the password. and just to her luck, the same brunette boy from the party was exiting the common room. instead of questioning her, he recognized her face, and just held the door open for her. she gave him a humming sound and nodded in thanks as she made her way to the main room.

walking in, she spotted adrian sitting on the couch; he had a smug look on his face and was chatting with his mates, while he had the girl's legs resting across his lap. from where she was standing, she could still the fresh slit on his brow, which she assumed was from blaise's punch. it seemed like instead of sulking about it, he seemed to be showing it off to his friends. this not only infuriated deryah, but it caused her mouth to move faster than mind, resulting in her making a loud disturbance. "pucey!" she shouted from the other side of the common room.

he turned his head, and the smirk dropped from his face for a millisecond before growing bigger and his posture became more arrogant and proud. "back for more darling?" he sneered. gasps, whistles, and laughs were heard from his goons that stayed seated on the couch. the girl stood behind him, tilting her head as she pretended to pout before laughing with everyone else.

"you know what you did." she barked back. how could he find this funny or amusing in the slightest? she hated how he stood there, knowing what he had done, and yet, he hadn't paid any consequences. sure, he had gotten punched and beaten, but no real justice had been served, and it gave him the power to think it was okay.