17

a/n: i had to split this chapter in two pieces, but chapter 18 should be up tomorrow! sadly, my spring break has come to an end and update will go back to every two or three days. other than that, how are y'all feeling so far? hope you all had a great day and if not, i hope it gets better. xo

i present to you...

"light as a feather"

narrator's pov

the past two weeks felt like a paradise you only experience once in a lifetime. everyday was something new or original with draco; the flowers, the hugs, the picnics, everything was astounding. he treated her with love even though sometimes they went head to head and shared some words; he was always around to cheer her up when she needed it most, making her laugh when she felt that she was going to cry. honestly, she was happier than before.

anyways, it was the day before the winter masquerade ball, and everyone was freaking out. guys were running around to find last minute dates, and girls were panicking about a number of things; dresses, not having a date, hair, makeup. panic just surrounded the student body; well, not all of the student body. deryah was one to plan ahead; so that means she made the girls plan with her. she thought that it would be best to get the dresses early so that there was no problems the night of the ball. they had everything planned out, including their dates.

the four of them were walking down the hall, watching the chaos unfold. there were flying parchments with proposals to the ball, and flower petals everywhere. luna stifled a laugh, watching a boy being beaten by a bouquet of flowers. "i guess that's a no?"

deryah put a knuckle to her mouth, trying her best to stifle a cackle at the sight of the boy being beat senseless by the emotional girl. "yeah, i think so."

it may have been rude or inappropriate to laugh at such things, but hearing such high pitched noises coming from such 'manly' boys, made it even harder to be serious.

"aren't you guys just glad that we avoided all this nonsense?" onyx asked while interlocking arms with luna, pulling her in close.

"yeah, that was a really smart idea, honestly." pansy agreed, doing the same with her and deryah's arms.

deryah looked over at the girls, her eyes narrowing at their obliviousness. "let's not forget whose idea that was." she stated, hinting as to what she meant.

"oh, yeah! onny, that was a really smart move!" pansy joked, making deryah pull away from her arm. deryah began walking ahead of the giggling girls, rolling her eyes at their foolish behavior. not even minutes later, pansy ran up behind her, snaking her hands around her waist while burying her chin in her shoulder. "i'm only joking love. don't get too worked up." she smiled against deryah's shoulder.

deryah looked over on her shoulder, smiling at the sight of pansy playfully batting her eyes. she laughed slightly, rubbing her hands over pansy's. "i hate you parkinson. you know that?"

"i hate you more." she smiled, burying her nose in deryah's neck, causing her to giggle at the tickling sensation.

"hands off my girlfriend parkinson." draco said flatly, swatting her hands away.

she threw her hands up in surrender, before grabbing her hips to whisper in her ear once more. she brought her lips to the small crook between her ear and neck, her lips close enough to kiss her. "you might be with him, but i still had you first, love." she whispered, placing a light kiss on her neck as she pulled away.

a swarm of butterflies erupted throughout her body, the flashback and recalls of that night running wild in her mind. she bit her lip, smiling softly as she felt pansy's hands ghost away from her hips, the cool wind breezing past them. she looked back and watched pansy strut back to luna and onyx, entering the conversation.