34

a/n: please don't kill me, i've been drowning in school ad also living the y/n life on the side *wink* but at least ya gurl is getting good gradesss! not but fr, sorry this took so long, but i still hope y'all like it! (edit: this is lowkey a rushed chapter, so sorry if it doesn't make sensee"

CONTENT WARNING: mentions of alcohol and drug activities. this chapter contains serious material that maybe unsuitable for some readers. reader's discretion is advised, if any of the upcoming content makes you uncomfortable in any manner, please feel free to skip over or exit the book

i present to you...

"reckless"

narrators pov

"it's the perfect distraction, don't you think?" deryah conversed with onyx, pansy, and luna while she placed all of her complete make up work in her satchel, preparing it for the next day.

"i mean, a party is a big deal. you just got back-" onyx warned.

"oh come on, it'll be fun. we need to relax, to breathe. we've all been so tense lately. what's wrong with letting loose for a night or two?" deryah reasoned with the girls as they all looked at each other unsure and conflicted.

"or two?" pansy cut in.

"oh yeah! there's another party on friday! i figured that since it was a slytherin party we'd already be going?"

"well, that's never really a guaranteed answer, but i mean, you're not wrong." onyx answered.

"we'll deal with the slytherin party later, but right now we can talk about the ravenclaw one...which is tonight." she smiled widely, crawling on her bed next to pansy, who she knew she could easily persuade.

before she could fully reach pansy, luna scooted in between the two. deryah scoffed and rolled her eyes, plopping down in her current position. "you two really need to stop flirting- deryah you're in a relationship, what would blaise say?"

"he would tell pansy to stop trying to corrupt me, and that i was his, even though he doesn't really care because he would rather me flirt with pansy than some other guy." deryah smiled while saying these words, knowing everything she was saying was the truth.

"that is true!" pansy agreed. 

"even i can't argue with the truth." onyx huffed, rolling her eyes.

"anyways, back to the present, can we please go to the party?! it's not like we are going to a whole different common room, it's right here. it's practically being handed to us on a silver platter! plus, i have people who are expecting me to be there. some of my other friends want to see me; they missed me just as much as you all did when you came to visit."

they all looked at each other, basically giving in, but not yet. they knew that she told the truth though. they did miss her a lot and when they finally got to see her, their excitement was hard to keep intact...well besides the fact that deryah was in a blur of misery.

there was a very loud knock on the door, and the sound of the bangs rang throughout the entire main room. deryah heard these bangs but stayed silent and continued to look into the burning furnace.

the loud sounds had gone on for so long that blaise came rushing into the main room, visibly annoyed by the repetitive noise. he only looked at deryah for a short second with eyes of slight pity before swinging the front door open.

standing in the front yard were the remaining people of their pack. pansy held flowers, onyx and luna sharing the weight of a picnic basket, and draco and lorenzo carrying everyone's duffel bag.