Chapter 58 - The Interrogating Begins

Mattheo's POV
She ran out of the great hall. I felt so bad for her. I ran after her with the others but lost her down one of the long hallways.
"Fuck" I say putting my hands in my hair.
"Why'd she run off?" Abigail asks.
Me and Pansy just looked at each other.
"What guys? What are you hiding?"
I looked at them and took a deep breathe.
"I can't tell you Daphne has to be the one to tell you, if she wants"
They all looked at each other confused but agreed in the end. We all ended up splitting ways to go find Daphne. I ran out into the courtyard and saw someone sat up against a tree with their head in between their knees. I ran over knowing it was Daphne. I sat next to her and wrapped my arms around her. She silently cried into my shoulder. Eventually everyone ran over to us and started comforting her even though they didn't know what was going on which is why they're such good friends, they will help you and confront you no matter what happened or what you did. After a few Minutes, which felt like an hour, we went back to our common room and sat on the couches. All we could hear as we entered was everyone talking about their theories about what happened to Dumbledore. I saw that she was about to run away again so I wrapped an arm around her shoulder.
"You're fine I'm here don't worry, princess" I whispered into her ear.
She looked at me and gave me a slight smile before turning back to everyone else and joining in with their conversation.

Daphne's POV
"Hey Daphne why did you run off earlier? Why were you so upset?" Abigail asks out of the blue.
"Tell them" Mattheo said.
I looked at him like he was crazy.
"You'll feel better"
He was right, I would.
"I'll tell you, but not here"
I got up and led everyone to my dorm where I locked the door and sat on my bed.
"You might wanna sit down for this"
Everyone else sat on my bed around me looking really confused.
"So you know how Pansy told you guys about a task I had?"
"Yeah" everyone replies.
"Sorry about that" Pansy says.
"Well I completed it" I paused "last night"
Everyone looked confused at first but they finally got it in the end.
"Oh my god!" Abigail shouts.
Pansy quickly slapped her hand over her mouth.
"Be quiet!"
I just sat there fiddling with the rings on my fingers embarrassed.
"Daphne, it's fine we won't tell anyone. We are here for you no matter what" Blaise says.
I smiled.
"Group hug!" Enzo shouts piling on top of me along with the others.
The room was filled with laughter.
"Ok enough, you're suffocating me" I shout from under everybody.
The rest of the night we talked in my dorm and laughed. We had a lot of fun until everyone went back to their dorms except Mattheo. He closed the door behind everyone as I remained on the bed. He walked back over and sat next to me and saw that something was wrong.
"Are you ok?"
"I'm fine, I'm just surprised they don't hate me"
"They could never hate you, ever. It's impossible to hate someone as extraordinary as you"
I looked at him and smiled.
"Thanks"
"My pleasure, princess" he says kissing my forehead.
After a while we fell asleep in each other's arms.

I woke up and reached my arm out next to me since me and Mattheo weren't cuddling anymore but I couldn't feel anything, he wasn't here anymore. I quickly sat up in my bed and looked down at the empty space next to me. Then the door opened, I quickly looked up to see Mattheo and he looked worried.
"What wrong?" I ask getting out of bed and walking towards him.
"Nothing" he says with no emotion and just walks past me.
"Well obviously there is, just tell me"
He turned around and looked at me with a blank face.
"I was just being interrogated by Professor Mcgonagall"
"And?"
"She knows that there were a group of students out of bed that night. She knows they were near the astronomy tower"
My heart sunk.
"What? H-how?" I ask with widened eyes.
"I don't know" he says sitting on the edge of the bed and putting his head in his hands.
I didn't know what to do. Soon enough they're going to want to interrogate me and I'm not ready for that. I'm afraid I'm going to tell them everything. I didn't know what to do so I just walked out. As I was walking down the stairs into the common room I saw all my friends and they were all whispering but as soon as they saw me they stopped.
"You don't have to stop whispering" I shout as I walk out of the common room. "I already know"
I decided I was going to go on a walk to take my mind off it. I walked  around the whole school, literally. We didn't have any classes today which was a good thing I guess. I was walking down this one hall when I head a strange noise behind me. I quickly looked back but saw nothing so I just continued walking and thought nothing of it. Suddenly, I got a sharp pain in my head that made me fall to the ground and hold my head in agony.
"You will tell them nothing" a voice said.
"You will tell them nothing, Daphne"
Then the agonising pain stopped, but I stayed sat on the floor for a little while trying to comprehend what the fuck just happened. Eventually I got back up onto my feet and continued walking around the whole school until I made it back to the common room. As soon as I entered, all eyes were on me.
"What?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows.
"Professor Mcgonagall wants to speak to you" Abigail says.
My heart dropped down into my stomach as my eyes widened.
"Fuck" I whisper under my breathe before leaving to go to her office.