Chapter 51 - Breaking Down

Mattheo's POV
As we took our seats at the meeting table, I had a bad gut feeling. I didn't like Daphne being here with the people who kidnapped her. I'm scared they're going to try and take her away from me again and I just can't deal with her being gone, not for a third time. I felt like I needed to protect her somehow so I placed my hand on her thigh just so I know that she's there.
"First Daphne, you will have to continue on with your task to kill Dumbledore since you couldn't complete it the first time"
"Yeah and who's fault is that exactly" she said.
"What the fuck are you doing?" I whispered.
"Excuse me"
"Are you deaf? I said who's fault if that? Certainly not mine, you're the one who kidnapped me"
"Daphne, stop"
"Why should I? I'm not doing shit for you since you did this to me!" She shouted pointing to her face.
"Silence" Voldemort shouted. "I will not have you disrespect me like this!"
"Oh, sorry. How would like me to disrespect you?"
"You're gonna get yourself killed if you don't stop" I say worryingly.
"Fine, I'm sorry"
"Miss Malfoy, this time if you fail to complete your task, I will have to kill you"

Daphne's POV
We aparated back to Hogwarts and I was about to walk straight to my dorm when Mattheo pulled me into his. He pulled me into his dorm as he let go of my arm.
"Are you trying to get yourself killed!" He shouts making me flinch.
"Sorry" he says letting out a big sigh.
We sat in the edge of his bed in silence for a couple minutes.
"I'm sorry" I say breaking the silence.
"I just have one question" he says.
I look back up at him telling him to continue.
"Why do you act like this now? You've changed and not really in a good way"
"I haven't changed?"
"Yes, you have Daphne"
"Well, like I said yesterday, being beaten up for weeks on end and being kidnapped can change someone. It's not my fault" I say shedding a tear.
"Hey it's ok" he says going to hug me again making me flinch.
He just looked at me with a sad face.
"Im sorry" I repeatedly say as I break down in Mattheo's arms.
He just sits there with me telling me it's ok and stroking my hair.
"I've been waiting for you to break" he chuckled making me laugh.
"Me too"

Mattheo's POV
After a few minutes, I realised that she had fallen asleep so I placed her in my bed and pulled the covers over her before leaving my dorm to meet everyone I think he great hall since it was now lunch. As I walked in and took my seat everyone was looking at me weirdly.
"What?"
"You just have something on your shirt" Pansy points out.
I look down to see dried mascara on my white shirt from when Daphne was crying.
"Oh"
"What is it?"
"Dried mascara"
Everyone gave me confused looks.
"Daphne was crying" I explained.
"What why?" Draco asked.
"I guess she finally broke" I said looking down at the plate in front of me, feeling really bad for her.
"Where is she now?"
"She fell asleep so I thought it would be best to let her sleep in peace"
For the rest of lunch we were just talking about how bad we felt for Daphne and how much pain she must be in, even though she doesn't show it but I know she's really good at hiding it and her feelings.

The rest of the day I went to lessons and all I could think about was how Daphne broke down in my arms. As soon as all lessons were over, I went to my dorm to find Daphne not there anymore so I thought that she must've gone to her dorm. When I opened the door, I saw she wasn't in there either and I got panicky. I rushed down into the main common room area and saw all my friends.
"Where's Daphne?"
"What do you mean where's Daphne I thought she was sleeping?" Draco says.
"She was, but she's not there anymore"
"What are you guys talking about" I hear a voice say behind me.
I quickly turned around to be met by the one person I was looking for, Daphne.
"Thank god" I say hugging her.
"What's wrong?" She says pulling away.
"I just couldn't find you and got worried"
She scoffed.
"What?"
"So I just can't go anywhere without you knowing anymore?"
"Wha? no I-"
"In that case if you don't mind I'll be in the library reading" she says walking out with anger.
"Fuck sake" I say scrunching my hair in my hands.
"Great job Mattheo" Pansy said leaving with Abigail.

Daphne's POV
I took my usual spot on the table at the back of the library, opened my book and started reading until I felt two presence's in front of me. I slowly lowered my book and saw Pansy and Abigail.
"Oh, hi" I say going back to reading.
"Look Daphne, we don't care where you go we just don't want you to leave us again. We're scared and don't wanna go through all of that again, not for a third time. And I know for sure we don't want anything like that happening to you EVER again. We love you too much for you to go through that again or see you in pain, it breaks our hearts. So don't take all the pain and angry built up inside that tiny little body of yours on us, we are just trying to help you"
I stayed silent for a minute.
"You're right" I say quietly avoiding eye contact. "I'm so sorry"
"It ok" she says hugging me and pulling Abigail in with her for a group hug.
We stayed like that for a while until we heard a cough. We all looked up to see Mattheo and the others looking at us.
"What's going on here?" Mattheo asks leaning against a book shelf with his hands in his pocket.
"I'm so sorry" I say jumping up and hugging him making him nearly fall over.
He hugged me back and placed his head on top of mine.
"It's ok princess, we are all here for you don't forget that"
"I know"
"Group hug" Blaise shouts as everyone hugs around us, me in the centre.
We were all laughing and got told of by the librarian. We couldn't stop laughing so we all got kicked out. This was the most I had laughed in a very very long time, I missed it. I missed laughing with my friends and having fun. I love them all so much.