Chapter 28 - Im Scared

Daphne's POV
I wish I never came to Hogwarts. I wish my mother would've just let me stay homeschooled forever, maybe then I wouldn't have had all this weight on my shoulders. This is all too much for me, first nearly dying, secondly becoming a death eater and thirdly fixing the cabinet.

It was Sunday, so it has been two days since the meeting with Voldemort and I'm scared shitless. Anything could happen at any given moment. For the last two days I have been in my bed regretting ever helping fix the cabinet.
"Come on Love you have to come out eventually" Mattheo said through the door.
I didn't say anything back. I didn't have any energy.
"If you don't open the door I'm just going to come in" he says.
I still didn't say anything.
The door opened. He must've used a spell.
"What's wrong" he says getting into bed next to me.
I turned around to look at him and sat up.
"I'm scared" I say looking forward.
"Of what?"
"What will happen now we've finished the cabinet"
"I will protect you no matter what D" he says turning my face to look at him "do you hear me? I won't let anything happen to you"
We just cuddled up for a bit in silence. The rest of the day we just hung out. I wanted to have as much time with him as possible before something terrible happens. In fact, I want to have time with all my friends before something terrible happens.

I woke up and got ready for the day. I walked back into my room and saw Mattheo still asleep.
I jumped on him and shouted "wake up"
He jumped.
"Fuck" he shouts.
I laughed.
"That's not funny"
"Yeah it really is" I say still laughing.
He pushed me off to the side of him and hovered on top of me.
"No" he says "this is funny"
He started to tickle me and I was laughing uncontrollably.
"S-stop" I managed to get out.
He started to laugh and stopped.
"You dick" I say.
"You love my dick" he says winking and getting off of me to get ready.

We walked into Potions since it was first period.
"Why are you late" Professor Snape asks.
"Because we are get over it" I say sitting down.
"Excuse you"
"Daphne stop" Mattheo whispers.
"Are you deaf" I say "I said because we are. Get. Over. It"
"Detention"
"Yeah whatever" I say getting up and leaving.
I didn't want to be around anyone other than my friends and Mattheo.
"What the fuck" Mattheo says following me and grabbing my arm, turning me around.
"What" I say.
"Why did you do that"
"Because he's annoying that's why"
"Give me a proper reason."
"I don't know ok! I just. I don't know I feel weird today"
"Come on let's go back to your dorm for the rest of the lesson. Don't think it's wise to go back in"
We spent the rest of the lesson in my dorm.

My arm started to sting during lunch. I looked at Mattheo but he was fine, and so was Draco.
"Is your mark stinging" I whisper to Mattheo.
"No, why"
"Mines stinging" I say scared. The fuck does voldy want with me.
I got up and left with Mattheo and Draco following after me.
"What's wrong D" Draco says.
"Her arms stinging" Mattheo says.
I'm still walking in front of them trying to get to a place no one will see us so someone can aparate me. I can't yet which sucks. When we arrived outside the Riddle Manor, I went inside while Draco and Mattheo stayed outside. They tried to come in but I kept telling them they couldn't since he only wanted to see me. I entered the meeting room to see just him. He was sat at the head of the table.
"Sit Miss Malfoy" he says.
I sat at my usual spot and we were in silence for a few minutes.
"I have a task for you"
"Yes me lord?" I say.

I walked out terrified. The boys could see it in my face.
"What's wrong" Draco asks.
"Can you just aparate us please" I say.
We made it back in the common room. We missed the rest of the classes that day so everyone was in their dorms. It was quite late. Draco went to his dorm while me and Mattheo stayed in the common room.
"What happened in there?" He asks "when you came out you looked so scared"
"I-umm" I say putting my hand in my hair "nothing. I'm fine"  I say putting on a fake smile.
"Why are you lying to me" he says with a straight face.
"I'm not I-" I say before he cuts me off.
"No Daphne you need to tell me what happened. I said I would protect you and I'm gonna do so"
"I already told you Mattheo nothing happened in fine"
"I know you D. I know you're not fine I can tell. Please just tell me"
"There's nothing to tell you so just drop it" I say walking away.
I can't handle lying to him, or my friends. I'm gonna have to lie to them all. They are going to hate me after this. Why'd he pick me to do this? That night, I couldn't fall asleep. I was up all night thinking about what Voldemort said. I was tossing and turning all night. I think at one point I might've woken Pansy and Abigail up but I pretended to be asleep. I decided to go on a walk to try and clear my head. I walked up to the astronomy tower and started to smoke with my legs dangling off the edge. I heard footsteps up the stairs but I didn't care.
"Daphne" they say.
I didn't say anything back. I was still thinking.
"What are you doing here" they say sitting next to me.
"Just clearing my head" I say.
"About?"
"About what might happen. Happen to us. Happen to our friends"
"We will get through this don't worry D"
"I know Mattheo. I know"
But I didn't know. What I didn't know was that no one was going to trust me again. I was going to become an outsider to the friend group after this. Whatever feelings they might've had about me before were all going to go away in a matter of seconds. I wasn't ready for that.