Chapter 16 - Family Reunion

Mattheo's POV
It's been a few weeks since I told everyone. No one will talk to me nor Draco. They're pretty pissed and scared. Draco and I have still been working on the cabinet everyday. Most of the time it's just me, Draco sleeps a lot. We have had a couple death eater meetings just basically my father asking me if we've fixed the cabinet yet or how much longer it will take. Everyday, I visit Daphne's grave and promise her that I'm going to protect Draco. I feel like I owe her this.

Daphne's POV
I have been watching them for a few weeks and all they have been doing is fixing the cabinet. Well, mostly Mattheo. Draco sleeps a lot. I heard them tell the others that they were death eaters but I don't care. They deserved to know. But what everyone deserves more is to know I'm alive and ok and that I'm a death eater now. I'm worried for when they finish the cabinet. I can't watch Draco break down while trying to kill Dumbledore. He's not going to be able to go through with it. Someone else is going to end up doing it instead. I'm gonna feel bad for that person.

I was watching Mattheo and Draco try and fix the cabinet once again today. They took turns sleeping. They were both really tired due to them staying up all night trying to fix it. It was draining all the energy out of them. My arm started to sting so I aparated to the Riddle Manor. When I got there I sat in my spot. It was just me and the dark lord. It was usually me the lord and my father so this was pretty weird.

After I left the little meeting, I aparated back to the room of requirements. Draco was sleeping and Mattheo was still working on the cabinet. I didn't want to do this, but I had to. I went into the room quietly and aparated back to the Riddle Mansion with Draco.

Draco's POV
I suddenly woke up, taking in my surroundings. I was at the Riddle Manor. I was in my bed there. After a few minutes I went downstairs to the meeting room to be greeted by the lord. He told me to sit next to this weird person who was wearing a mask. That was weird. Usually, death eaters don't wear masks.
"How's your task going, Draco?" He asked looking at me.
I gulped "g-good my lord"
"I have someone to help you and Mattheo" he says. I thought he was going to be mad Mattheo was helping me but I guess not.
"Take off you mask"
The person next to me reluctantly took off their mask. I couldn't fucking believe it. I saw their emerald green eyes and their freckled face and my eyes started to tear up in disbelief. It was Daphne. All she did was look at me. Look at me with a straight face. I hugged her tightly. We stayed like that for a few minutes before he interrupted.
"Oh look at this" I pulled away looking at her as she starts to get tears in her eyes too. "A nice little family reunion. Shame your mother isn't here" he says. I slowly turn around. How the fuck are they both alive? I mean I'm not complaining that Daphne is but really, my father is alive. He sat down in front of me with that stupid fucking smirk on his face.
"How are you alive?" I asked him staring at him.
"Oh" he pauses slouching "well Daphne here is cursed so, she has to be killed for me to die" by this point I was squeezing my hands under the table until they turned white. Then the dark lord dismissed us. I followed Daphne outside where I hugged her tightly again. I was so happy she wasn't dead. She means so much to me I don't know what I would have done if I never saw her again.
"How are you alive?" I asked pulling away. She looked at me about to cry.
"I have no idea" she paused looking down "I woke up in this weird place and father was there" she says still not looking at me.
"Did he do anything to you?" I asked checking her for bruises or cuts "are you ok?"
She chuckled a little and grabs my hands "I'm ok Draco" she paused " I should be asking you that"
"What do you mean?"
"I-um I was tasked to watch you and Mattheo for awhile and, I know your task" my heart sunk. She should be so disappointed that I'm a death eater-Wait a minute.
"Why were you in there?" I ask backing away a little.
"What?" She asks confused.
"Why were you in the death eater meeting room with him?"
She stays quite and fidgets with her hands.
"I-" she paused looking at me "are you really going to make me say it?" She asks with glossy eyes.
"Why?" I ask disappointed.
"Because. I had no choice" she shouts. "I couldn't just say no to the dark lord, could I? I don't know what would've happened if I did, Draco"

Mattheo's POV
After a few minutes, I turned around to find Draco gone. How did I not hear him leave? That's the least of my concern right now, who was going to work on the cabinet while I sleep? I guess I have to continue. I turned back around and started working again. That's when I heard the squeak of the door.
"Finally, Draco where have you be-" I say turning around. I dropped my wand onto the floor.
"No fucking way" I say in disbelief.