Chapter 43 - The Beatings

TW- abuse/torture, blood

Daphne's POV
They have been taking photos of me everyday after they beat me up and torture me since I arrived here. It's weird and I've been wondering why they do it. They probably keep pictures of torturing people to help them get through the day, those sick son of a bitches. A couple days ago, Voldemort showed up wanting to talk to me. I knew he was behind all of this, that bastard. It didn't surprise me though, I knew he would do something like this soon but I don't understand why. I mean I know they just wanted to know my task but why would they ask if they knew they were going to find out and then Voldemort come and visit me? This all just made no fucking sense. It was driving me insane! I wanted to know what was happening and why they kidnapped me. I want to get out of this horrible place. It's sickening here. I'm scared that this is the place I'm going to die. I'm usually never afraid of death but I've got someone who cares so much for me now. I'm scared of what might happen when I die or what he might do. I mean yeah Draco does care about me but not as much as Mattheo. I miss him, I miss all my friends but him the most. It hurts to think about how everyone is coping with this. I know how they acted when I was gone the first time and I don't want anyone going down that dark road again. It hurt me the first time to see it and it will hurt me again. All i ever think about is the looks on their faces the next time I see them but that is very unlikely, it's very unlikely I'll ever see them again at this point.

My head quickly turned to the door as I heard footsteps again, the footsteps that I would hear everyday signalling the horrible events that were about to happen. The footsteps grew nearer and nearer as they opened the door, blinding me with the light from outside as the light was very dim in here. The same thing happened everyday, they would walk in all high and mighty as they would strut towards me. They would stand in front of me, admiring and laughing about all the damage they did to me the day before. It made me feel so low and powerless. The sick son of a bitches would then start hitting and beating me, sometimes almost nearly to death. They would leave me in so much pain that I couldn't move, I couldn't scream, I couldn't do anything. As I would try to scream, my throat would start to feel tight and sore, putting me in more pain as my throat felt like it was closing in upon itself. At the end of ever session, as they call it, my face would be black and blue and covered with my thick, dark red blood that would be oozing out of my nose and mouth. I would have so many cuts over my face and body which would leave permanent scars. Before they would leave, they would take out this high tech muggle camera they had and take photos of my beaten face laughing as they do it. I would always just sit in silence after it, playing what just happened over and over in my head. I didn't want to but I couldn't stop it, it was all I could think about. I hated it. I hated reliving it over and over again even though I knew it was just going to happen again the next day. When they left me there sitting on that cold, wooden chair they would just be bragging about what they had done to me. It honestly made me so sick to my stomach. It was like they were proud about what they did. All the aching pain keeps me up at night and I haven't slept since before I went missing. I'm so exhausted. I'm afraid to fall asleep though. I'm afraid to do anything other than take the beatings and sit by myself and cry, cry for hours on end. I just wanna go back home, back to my friends, back to the love of my life.

Mattheo's POV
Draco has still been going on along with his plan with Harry Potter. He has three more days to get him to the Riddle manor or something will happen to Daphne. I don't want to know what, I don't want to think about any of that right now. At the end of everyday he tells me what happened as I don't even leave my dorm. My grades are shit since I haven't been to any classes since she went missing. She's my anchor you know my rock and if she isn't with me I have no motivation, no reason to do anything but miss her, miss her smile, her laugh, her pretty green emerald eyes. She means the world to me and if she's not here, my whole world is gone. The only thing that kept me grounded and feel loved was gone. It makes me sick to think of all the things they're doing to her. I know they beat her like everyday, they've been sending pictures of her everyday since Draco found the first one. I haven't told anyone, I want to keep it to myself. I don't want anyone to know what's happening to her, they would all literally have a mental breakdown especially Pansy and Abigail. Yeah I know Pansy and Daphne aren't on good terms right now but she misses her to bits. Everyday she says how much she regrets getting into an argument with her and saying stuff like she hated her because it wasn't true, she loved her. I knew no matter how hurt Pansy made her or how upset she was about the situation, Daphne loved Pansy too. I haven't eaten in ages I'm literally skin and bones now, I've lost so much weight. I know it's not healthy, nothing I have done is healthy but like I said before I have no motivation because she was my motivation, my reason.

Later on at night time, I couldn't sleep once again so I did my little ritual of going to the astronomy tower and getting wasted and high. I changed from cigarettes to blunts. I got out my secret stash of alcohol and instantly started drinking while sitting against the wall next to the railing , basically on the edge.  As I was downing one of the bottles, I saw out of the corner of my eye a quick flash of light. My head instantly turned to where it came from, the only part of this platform that you couldn't see. It was so shadowy and pitch black. I slowly got up and started shouting.
"Who's there?"
I reached into my jogging bottom pockets and pulled out my small black and dark green dagger. While flipping it open.
"I said who's there!"
I never took my eyes off that place. I walked up to the space very cautiously as I casted the luminous spell, creating light from my wand. I lit up the area but nothing no one was there, it's like I was imagining it but I know I wasn't. I'm not going crazy, am I? I just continued drinking and getting high. I started to feel my eyes getting heavy and fell asleep right there with loads of empty bottles around me like I usually do.