Chapter 7 - Daphne!

Daphne's POV
The next day I woke up feeling restrained. Someone's arms were around me. I remembered that Mattheo slept in my bed last night. He was so warm I could cuddle up to him all day. I set my head up on his chest staring at him.
"It's rude to stare you know" he says not even looking at me.
"Mimicking me. How rude" I say before getting out of bed. "By the way thanks for staying last night"
"No worries" is all he said until he fell back asleep. I got in the shower and got ready for the day. Then I heard a tap on my window. It was my fathers owl. Fuck. I already knew what it was going to say. I opened the window and got the letter.
"What's that" He said as I turned around seeing him sat up in my bed.
"It's umm a letter. From my father" I say looking down.
"Oh. What does he want"
I open the letter and read it.

Dear Daphne
I'm sure you already know why you have gotten this letter. Meet me at the Manor ASAP. I can't believe you got 8 detention in one day already. Let alone your first day. I'm very disappointed in you.
- Father

"So?"
"He just wants to meet me at the Manor right now. I'm gonna go" I say turning my back towards him and walking out.

Mattheo's POV
As she walked out the room I could sense something was wrong. I went to my dorm to have a shower and get ready. When I went into the common room I told Malfoy that his sister got a letter for her to go to the manor. He looked terrified.
"What's wrong?"
"Promise you won't tell anyone. Not even Abigail, Pansy or Enzo" he says shaking.
I hesitate "promise"
He leads me to his room "My father, well if you could really call him that, abuses Daphne. He casts the crucio curse on her and keeps it on her for hours on end. I'm surprised she isn't dead by now" he says getting tears in his eyes. I was furious. How could he do that to his daughter. How could Malfoy hit her after everything she has been through.
"I'm not gonna let her get hurt again" I say walking out the common room. I guessed she had already left to go meet her father so I aparated to the Malfoy manor. I saw her going through the door.

Daphne's POV
When I arrived I hesitantly walked through the door. There he was, standing in the middle of the hall.
"Get in my office. Now!" He shouts making me flinch. He walks away and I follow not wanting to get a worse punishment. As I sat down I started to talk "Father I'm sor-"
"Don't call me Father. I am nothing of the sort to you child" he spits. That's when a wave of pain grows over my body. He cursed me. But I didn't scream, not even flinch. I was so use to it that the pain grew on me. He didn't like that. He didn't like how I didn't scream in pain like I use to.
"You know what that means" he says grabbing something out of his top drawer on his desk. That's when I saw it. Something shiny with a plastic black handle. It was sharp, sharp like a suit. I looked at him blankly as he started to slit my wrists. I looked down at the blood as he started to cut my other wrist. The red, thick substance oozed all over my wrist dripping onto the surface of the desk. It had been previously stained with my blood the last time he did it. I didn't try to stop him, ever. I thought I deserved it. I thought that if he kept doing this then maybe, just maybe I would stop acting like this. But I don't. I think some part of me likes it when I have to come home. Maybe I like the pain, I don't know. I mean I always end up back here, what other excuse could there be. I was snapped out of my thoughts as I felt something go across my throat. He cut my fucking throat. But I didn't wince or cry or anything. Yea no I definitely like the pain. I shouldn't but it makes me feel complete. Like there was some part of me missing but when I feel the pain, it feels like there was never anything missing in the first place. I laughed as I held my throat to stop it bleeding so much. That's when my mother walked in. Why did she have to walk in now.
"Oh my god!" She rushed over to me and held a towel to my neck to stop the bleeding.
"Go take care of her dear" my farther says looking at me impressed "I'm done with this child today"
My mother rushes me to the kitchen and gets the first aid box and fixes my neck. She didn't see all the cuts up my arms and wrists. I didn't want her to see them.
"I'm so sorry darling. I wish nothing like this ever happened" she says getting tears in her eyes.
"It's ok mum. It's not your fault" I say smiling slightly.
When she was done she hugged me telling me to try not to get into any more trouble and that's when I left.
"Daphne!" I hear someone shout.
"What the fuck are you doing here" I asked annoyed.

Mattheo's POV
It has been like what a few hours and she still hasn't come out. What if she was dead. What no shut up Mattheo he wouldn't kill her. Would he? That's when I heard the door open and the fragile girl walk out.
"Daphne!" I shout
"What the fuck are you doing here" she asks annoyed.
"Draco told me"
"Told you what" she was trying to act stupid but she knew what.
"That your dad hurts you"
"He should not have told you" she says putting her hands by her side and looking the other way.
"Yea but I-" then I saw it.
"What's wrong" she asks.
I waited for a minute before answering still staring at it. "Did he fucking slit your throat?!"
She looked embarrassed as covered it up with her hand.
"Hey umm another funny question. Why didn't I hear you scream. Or cry. Or anything" I was worried for her.
She just looks at me with a straight face before saying "I'm use to it. He's been doing this for years and now he hates how I'm so use to the curse, because I don't scream or anything"
This made my heart shatter. I didn't think I could feel pain for someone else until I heard about what would happen to her. She makes me feel loads of things I've never felt towards another human being before. All I could do was hug her.