CHP 36 || A Look I Can't Fathom

Start bij het begin

"Let's go. I have a feeling the others will be coming down to breakfast soon. Least we can do is pretend we just woke up, hm?" I struggle to breathe calmly.

Please don't let me go.

"Wait. It's...well... it's too early." Kit stammered for words, eyes frantic.

"I know. That's why we should go back to our rooms and come down later." I pressed.

I had to leave right now before I do something I might regret and risk breaking my promise.

I turn around, but Kit's flurry of words stop me again.

"It was too short, Mark. It doesn't count. And I don't want you pestering about it to me later. I want this to be over."

I protest briefly, but he doesn't allow me.

"Are you going to disobey me now? I'm your Phi!"

My hands were trembling, but I hide them by my sides as I approach Kit carefully again. He doesn't move. He's still standing against the wall and he follows my eyes. At this point, I didn't know if I was imagining the sound of his breathing, for I could swear I heard him catch his breath, multiple times.

I move my hands to his waist, holding him steady. He looked like he was about to collapse, and I wasn't exaggerating. 

"...Put your arms over my shoulders."

"I'm sorry?" He barely whispers.

"Shh... just... remember to breathe."

It was going to be the last kiss I could consent from him. I wasn't going to go easy, but I wasn't going to go hard either. I wanted to savor it, every little bit of it, as if this was my last chance in the world. Technically, it was, for a promise's a promise. And I know Kit's the last person on earth to break a promise. And I didn't want to do that. After all, we are in this together.

I'll give him everything you can get from kissing someone like me.

I kiss him, and I could already feel his arms tightening around my neck. His body seemed to melt into mine, and I feel him lean forward and closer. My grip pressed tightly around his slender waist, and I could feel the heat from his body emitting through the fabric of his shirt. I claim his lips over and over again, edging a little bit harder with each kiss. He still wasn't used to breathing properly when getting kissed, so I had to pause just briefly every short moment to grant him a breath of air. 

And then it was sudden, how I heard him gasp against my lips and his body seemed to render limp. And I was fighting with everything I got. Trying not to use that chance to coax my tongue into his mouth, for I knew that it might be too much. Way too much, and probably unfair of me to do so.

So I release his mouth instead, trailing my target to the edge of his mouth and kissing the beautiful mole that lay under his lip. And I move even further, now kissing the crease of his dimple. And further, and lower, just close to his jaw. Pressing a gentle kiss there, and moving lower.