Fun Facts

Fun facts about the writing process

The story suffered a lot of plot changes through the process. Here are some initial ideas that didn't make it to the official plot:

1) TXT and Itzy weren't supposed to appear in the fanfic. Soobin in Jeongin's backstory was a coincidence (I needed an episodic character). Since the fanfic took some time to write, I didn't know Itzy and TXT very well when I started this story.

2) In Jeongin's backstory, Jeongin mentioned an abandoned hospital before I even thought about Chan's backstory and District 9.

3) The smut chapter with Seungmin and Changbin initially mentioned Seungmin's chocking kink, but I decided last minute to cut it off. The scene is still in the drafts.

4) The last chapter was supposed to show their kids.

5) Hongjoong was supposed to be shot by Seonghwa, but I changed it in order to give them a happy ending.

6) Jisung was supposed to die first and Hyunjin was the one to tell Minho about the fake deaths.

7) I wanted to reveal Changbin as a switch.

8) Felix shows interest in Yeji and Chaeryeong as a hint of him being bisexual. Also he likes Yeji cause she looks like Hyunjin.

9) Minsung were initially a couple from the beginning, but for Jisung's backstory and Minho's character development, I changed the plot.

10) Jeongin initially was attracted to Chan for his money. In his backstory, he makes references to Sugar Daddy material Chan.

11) Jisung was supposed to learn about Minho's death through a phone call from Chan.

12) The whole story was inspired by Marvel's Black Widow. That's also the reason the very first edit with it was on the song Smells Like Teen Spirit.

13) The original plot revealed that all Stray Kids members were raised as spies, but Felix's circus idea made me give everyone their own backstories.

14) One idea was to make the members live in two separate rooms as weapons. They would have been separated by a glass which they would have thought was a mirror. So they would think the members they have in front of them were their own reflections.

15) Chan's "death" was a last minute decision.

16) There was an edit with Jeongchan with the Water Fountain song that lingered on Jeongin's jealousy after finding out Chan wanted Minho as partner. However, I never posted the edit, so it's still in my phone.

17) Chan throwing in the fire BamBam's necklace was the idea of a reader that said this in a comment.

18) The ending was also supposed to show Jisung drinking with Ryujin as he promised. He would have got really drunk, so Minho would have carried him home.

19) Since there is no mention about Seungmin's parents, his ending was supposed to show him talking with Kai at a Caffè. Also, they would have been joined by Soobin and Jeongin. (Jeongin is the only one that can't repair his relationship with his family).

20) The right order of the ships was supposed to be Hyunlix, Minsung, Jeongchan and the last ones Changbin with Seungmin. However, due to the plot changes, Minsung remained the last ship to come true.

21) Seungmin was supposed to accept to sleep with Changbin as a payment for what he did to the Seo family. After a night spent together, they would have caught feelings.

22) There was a scene planned with Changbin actually making Seungmin a grave.

23) The one to be injured in the "Speed up" chapter was meant to be Jisung. Minho was supposed to carry him bridal style after Jisung would have inhaled some toxins. However, I changed it when I realised I can develop Hyunlix relationship.

24) At some point I was doubting the story. I didn't thought it would have an impact. So I was ready to give up. After some time when I stopped writing, a bunch of comments appeared saying that they want more. So I continued building the plot along with making the edits.

25) Chan's parents were supposed to raise their son with love. Chan would have go to a normal high school while training as a spy. Hongjoong would have become jealous because of that.

26) If Chan were to go to High school, he would have met Seungmin and Jisung there. Also, he would have been the one to lock Jisung in the science room to protect him.

27) Jisung's backstory was a lot different. He would have been hunted for his sexuality. His classmates would have gone for his and his boyfriend's heads. If Chan had locked Jisung to protect him, Jisung's boyfriend would have been beaten to death. Also Chan was supposed to sent Jisung's parents a parcel with some photos showing Jisung kissing a boy.

28) Jeongin was supposed to save Chan after being judged. Also, Chan was supposed to discover in the end about all the ships and say he guessed them all correctly on another list.

29) Chan was also supposed to witness Hyunjin murdering his bully in the pool. That moment was supposed to make Chan choose Hyunjin for his team.

30) Wooyoung knew all the time that San was the son of the lady that helped him and Yeosang. That's the main reason he got closer to San and received the information that he is the traitor.