Seungmin's backstory pt 3

Still with an year and a half ago

Seungmin froze in his tracks. He was too scared to even say a word. The man in front of him just murdered a bunch of cops, then came to him and introduced himself?!

The blonde man sighed before bending down.

-Listen, Seungmin. Let's make a deal. I give you protection for the next 7 months. You will stay at one of my hideouts alone and work for me only through the laptop. After 7 months I will come to claim you as a member of my group. Meanwhile I will create enough problems in order for the police to abandon your case and to focus on me. I offer you freedom and I guarantee your protection. I think it's a pretty good deal.

-Why can't I join now?

Seungmin didn't ask that because he was dying to be part of Chan's group of psychopaths. He asked it because something was off.

-You got me here. The truth is that if I bring you with me right now, when the police is searching for you, they might find my hideout and I don't want to put my partner in danger.

-I don't have a choice, don't I?

Chan smirked before marking an x with the blood dripping of his finger on Seungmin's forehead.

-See you in 7 months!

7 months later...

-Boss!

Chan was reading some old files when Hyunjin interrupted him.

-What it is, Hyunjin-ah?

-I'm just curious. Something isn't adding up. When we met you had been arrested for robbery. How did you got caught so easily?

-Oh, that? I turned myself in to the police. That was part of the diversion.

-Diversion for what?

-You'll see. Today it marks 7 months. Can you tell 3racha to wait in the car?

Hyunjin didn't bother to ask and did it as he was told.

At midnight, next to the Han river, Seungmin was told to go to meet Chan. He gather his courage and decided to see what's gonna happen.

While he was walking a woman came from behind on her high heels and almost fell hiting him in the back. She apologies over and over then continued to rush forward. Seungmin watched her without saying a word and his he couldn't belive his eyes when he saw her running in Chan's arms.

-Hey, babe! You got shy seeing me? he said snorting.

The woman stayed still while Chan whispered something in her year. Then she started walking away and getting into a van parked not so far from the river.

-I see you met Ji. She is a little clumsy.

Seungmin didn't talk, just stared at Chan analysing his movements.

-Just so you know, you're the seventh memeber who joins.

-Seventh? You managed to fool other four people in these 7 months. Impresive.

-Come on, Minnie! You will be perfect for my team, he said opening his arms.

Seungmin got out of his pocket a gun and pointed it to Chan.

-I'm not going with you, crazy man! Don't come closer!

Chan couldn't care less. He wanted to see the determination in Seungmin's eyes even closer. When between him and Seungmin, the latter pushed the trigger unconsciously. Chan dropped on the ground and Seungmin ran away before the police arrival.

-What are we doing now? asked Jisung looking on the van's window.

-We follow the plan, answered Changbin in the driver's sit.

Two days had passed when Seungmin finally decided to check the bank account. He covered his face with a mask and went to the closer ATM only to realise he had in his hands the wrong credit card.

Then it flashed before his eyes the memory of the lady hitting him in the back. She might have stole the card and passed it to Chan who switched it with the other one when he got shot.

That's how the same day Seungmin found himself in the penitentiary talking to Chan separated by glass.

-I see you finally came.

-Where is the real card? That woman gave it to you. The police must have searched you. How come they didn't found anything?

-I have connections everywhere, including the police department. One of them was kind enough to send the card to the address I previously specified.

-You knew that's gonna happen... You knew I'm gonna shoot you? How?

-Because the man you bought the gun from was also a friend of mine.

That was the moment realised he cannot win against Chan. He gave up trying. Chan was a force only the most powerful men alive can take down and Seungmin knew too little about the world to go against him.

Chan told Seungmin on the fake card he gave to him there were enough money for Seungmin to pay the bail. That's how after only three say spent in prison, Chan was again free and on his way home with his seventh memeber.

They made a deal that Chan should keep the money, but every month he would give Seungmin enough for him to buy whatever he wanted.

-And these are your new colleagues, said Chan with a wild smiling while patting Seungmin on the back.

-Felix, Hyunjin, Minho. That's Changbin. The son of the Seo family. You might heard about the unfortunate event that happened 7 months ago.

Seungmin gulped in fear while Changbin shaked his hand. He didn't see that comming.

-And you know Jisung.

The only shock bigger that knowing he has to work with the guy he robbed was to discover the red head from the club that night was the man standing in front of him.

He dragged Jisung in another room to talk in private with him.

-You are the lady that stole my card! And the lady from the club! What the hell?

-Please don't tell the others about that! They don't have any idea about my old job, begged Jisung. I won't tell Changbin about you either.

-He doesn't know who I am?

Jisung shook his head in disagree.

-None of them know. That's also Chan's work.

Seungmin left out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

-Deal!

later, that day

Seungmin and Minho were talking at the table, staring at Chan who was laughing with Felix and 3racha.

-That man is a devil, said Seungmin with a dull face.

-Yeah, but for the others he seems like a saint. For Felix at least he is his saviour. Let them believe that.

-That's neither a devil nor an angel, said Hyunjin who joined their conversation. That's a holy bastard!

________________________
Now this is the end of his backstory. In the next chapter we can finally go back to the present and see what are Stray Kids planning this time. Thank you for all the comments and for still reading this story!