Chan's backstory pt 2

15 years ago, District 9: the institute for forming spies

Subject number 1: Hwang Yeji

-Tell me about yourself, one of the institute employees from behind a securely glass.

Yeji could not see him. Just her reflection staring in a void.

-You already know everything about me from my files. What else could you possibly want?

-We don't have access to your mind. That's why we are doing this interview. Are you close to any of the girls?

-No.

-What about miss Ryujin? Chaeryeong, Yuna, Lia? None of these names rings a bell to you?

-Never heard of them.

-You're lying. We saw you on cameras talking to them. Did you get attached?

-This is over, she said storming out the room.

Subject 39: Choi Soobin

-How are you?

-Like always, he said shifting anxiously on his chair.

-Can you tell me what are your strengths?

-They won't tell me.

-Who are they?

-The people in red. With the masks. They said I don't need to know what am I good at cause I will become too powerful. That's why I train at everything.

-What do you think about being part of a team?

-People wouldn't talk to me. They are afraid. I can't communicate with anyone.

Subject 44: Kim Hongjoong

-Your parents are working hard to get recognition. I'm guessing you're the same.

-Is that a bad thing?

-That depends. If you're letting your parents' shame to affect you, then you are useless. Broken.

-I assure you I am completely functional. And I won't blame that just because you said that.

Subject 78: Bang Christopher Chan.

-Why am I here? asked Chan clueless of what was happening.

He heard Yeji telling everyone to not reveal any information, but that just confused Chan.

-We are just analysing your psychological profile.

-What's that?

-We want to know what are you thinking and how do you see things.

-How can you know something I don't even know?

-How long has it been since you had a good sleep?

-One year. After the electroshocks punishment, I started waking up in the middle of the night. Eventually, I ended up staying awake until 3 in the morning. I can't sleep, I can't think. Is there something wrong with me?

-No, actually... you're perfect, the voice said with a short laugh.

Subject 104: Kunpimook Bhuwakul

-Are you close to someone in here?

-Straight forward, huh? he snorted. I'm sure you already know I am spending most of my time with Channie.

-You revealed that easily? We can use him to make you do things.

-No, you can't. You're gonna use me to make him fight. I am aware of that.

-Do you feel like living in his shadow?

-Not at all. He is my friend. And you are a bunch of merciless idiots.