Changbin's backstory pt 1

16 years ago, Seo mansion

A little boy was leaning on the door in silence, trying to peek on his parents in the other room.

He was scared of the yelling, but he couldn't move. He stayed there till the end.

-You're not doing this to my son!

-Don't you dare raise your voice at me, woman! He is my son too. But he is also the future of this empire. He is gonna replace me as the CEO one day. His preparation needs to start.

-He is a child. He didn't have any childhood between this walls. And don't get me started with what happened when he was three.

-It wasn't my fault! How could I have known they were preparing that? That's all you do. Blame me. Again and again.

-You are a jerk who got married only for the eyes of the world and for your parents to give you the money. Do you think I'm blind? For the exact same reason you wanted a child. Now you have one and you can't even take care of him properly!

-Get out! the man yelled.

The next thing the boy heard were his mother's heels.

He got up and ran to his room where she found him reading a book.

She smiled at him and took him in her arms.

-Hey, Binnie! What you're reading there? Do you want me to read to you some bedtime stories?

The boy nodded and flopped on his bed waiting for his mother to come too.

She took her seat on the chair next to the nightstand, under the light of the lamp. She looked at her child with sad eyes and ruffled his fluffy hair.

-Binnie...if for some reason mommy won't be around anymore...one day...You must be courageous. Don't listen to your father. Live your way. Promise me.

The boy pinky-promised, then fell asleep listening to his mother's sweet voice.

6 years later, a great fire took place at the Seo mansion. Changbin managed to escape with minor wounds, but the servants and his mother weren't that lucky.

That's how Changbin ended up burying his mother.

The police never discovered the cause of the fire.

His father took the family into a new house, hired new servants and erased any material memory of his wife.

Instead, he focused on his son's education. He prepared him for leading the Seo empire and taught him about the value of money. Changbin compiled and studied hard, he swallowed his feelings and did exactly like his father told him to.

To let out his anger he would punch a wall in the basement until his knuckles will turn white. He was exhausting himself everyday. But he didn’t have a choice. His father's money were everything he had.

His father noticed Changbin was about to breakdown, so he hired two servants around his age to keep him company.

-Sir? Don’t you think it’s enough for today? You should go rest, said a girl in formal clothes.

Changbin didn't listen. He kept punching the wall again and again with more strength. The girl tried her best to convince him to stop. He didn't.

The crack on the wall started expending till the it broke down.

Changbin noticed the last second the wall is about to collapse and he went towards the girl to protect her with his body.

The room filled with dirt and smoke. When they looked back they saw nothing but brick on the floor and a whole in the wall.

-I'm sorry, he said shaking. Yuna, you're ok?

-Don't worry about me, sir! I'm still in one piece.

-Thank God!

-What happened? asked a boy rushing down the stairs of the basement.

-Where did you come from? asked Yuna looking at the boy covered in mud.

-The garden. I heard something collapsing and came to check. Isn't that the protocol?

-It is, Taehyun. You did great, said Changbin patting him on the back.

-Thank you, sir! Also I didn't know we have another room in the basement.

Yuna and Changbin looked confused at Taehyun before turning around to see the whole made by Changbin in the wall was leading to a secret room.

The three of them entered it carefully and lightened the room with some flashlights.

Taehyun found the light switch pretty quickly. They found themselves staring at the walls covered in papers and photos. Changbin looked through them and found some police folders. He froze in his spot.

-Sir? What happened? asked Yuna seeing Changbin like that. She took the papers and read them herself.

-What does it say? asked Taehyun intrigued.

-It says Sir Changbin was kidnapped by the Mafia when he was 3 years old. His parents payed a fortune to bring him back. Ten years later Mafia set the old mansion on fire...The fire were Sir Changbin's mother died, she mumbled the last sentence feeling a lump forming in her throat. I shouldn't have read that. Please forgive me, sir! she bowed before witnessing Changbin's breakdown .

He leaned on the wall and started crying with his fists clenched.

-That bastard I call father knew all along who killed mom and kept it a secret from me. He never cared about her fate. He just needed his successor to take over the family's money.

Taehyun motioned Yuna to talk to him in the other room and she followed him.

-Should we comfort him? His whole world just crumbled. Is not easy to learn your mother's death wasn't an accident.

-No, answered stern Yuna. We are not allowed to interfere.

-But...

Taehyun got cut off by Yuna.

-What Huening Kai and Ryujin are doing is merciless. Our mission is to keep an eye on him, not to get attached to, she said before leaving the room on her high heels.

________________________
I don't know if it's good. There is also a part 2 where we see how Chan and Changbin met. Then we go back to the action we were in the middle of.
Thank you so much for reading this story! I just can't believe it. Thank you so much!

At first I didn't know what to do with Changbin's backstory, but I thought about talking about this delicate subject. I didn't managed to portrait it very well, but at least I mentioned a problem a lot of kids are dealing with: having parents that fight all the time. In Changbin's case we have two people that never loved each other, but married for money.

Funny how money can make people do almost everything, right? After all, all their backstories are related to money at some point.