Chan's backstory pt 4

8 years ago, District 9

-Come on! cheer up, man! Today we choose our teams. Isn't it exciting? asked Hongjoong while nudging Chan in his arm.

-For you... People want you around. Yeji already has a team. Soobin was basically adopted by those 4 boys and Namjoon can get anyone he can. And there is me... People hate me.

-Well, you're not so much of a talker. You were the life of the party when you were little. Puberty turned you into a old man.

-It wasn't puberty, but trauma, replied Chan with a dull voice.

He was aware no one wanted to be lead by him. He knew it. His parents were the most influencing people there. They were afraid to end up like BamBam if they even looked at Chan. So it was exactly like he expected.

No one chose him.

The same day, him and Hongjoong got called into a room to be told the most terrible news they ever heard.

Those two were very close. Always training together, talking. Hongjoong wasn't afraid of Chan or his family and Chan saw in Hongjoong a friend that can accept him without needing to show real feelings and reactions.

They've even been paired up as a match. It was akward, yes, but it was a rule.

They stepped in that room as friends and they left as enemies. All because of the news that started a long war between those two.

The men in white read the report with a low voice, making both the boys feel the disaster coming.

"On the 27th of September, the Kim husband and wife have been denounced as traitors as they took over the Mafia control after killing the former leader. Two days later, the Bang husband and wife have been sent to assassinate the traitors. Another spies who accompanied them got back with the news. Both families killed each other in the fight. No survivor."

Hongjoong fell on the ground crying, but Chan froze in his spot, not showing any form of sadness.

Hongjoong mourned his parents so intense. However, Chan did not. He felt relieved in some way that a burden was being took off of his shoulders.

Sure, he loved them. But in the same time he hated them for what they did to his friend.

It was a mix of fury and sadness that he couldn't express visibly. Like a nodge in his chest that was stuck. He couldn't brush it off, but couldn't focus on it either.

He didn't get to check on Hongjoong tho.

A week later, in a really dark night, Chan heard a loud bang on his door, followed by a shot and a scream.

He waited until he heard steps fading away, then opened the door to see a corpse at his feet and blood splattered on his door.

He ran panicked through the crowd and saw everywhere Mafia people shooting the spies and their kids.

-Soobin!

The latter was hid under a table, blood dripping out of his cheek.

-What's happening?

-We are attacked. Mafia found our hideout somehow. They killed all of the workers already. Cover your ears!

-What?

-Just do it! he yelled before getting a gun out of his pocket and aiming for the head of a Mafia man.

Chan's jaw dropped. The target was perfect.

-How did you...

-I found my talent. They didn't want me to know what I can do cause I was too dangerous. I need to get the boys out of here.