Soulmate

Seoul's hospital

-You said you have something to tell me? asked Namjoon still in the hospital for supervision.

He got better thanks to Hoseok, but he wasn't really in the shape to get to work right away.

-Yes, replied Suga short and stern. Another Stray Kid is off the map now. Lee Minho passed away last night, in Busan city, after his car crushed with other two. The impact was mortal for him. He crawled out of the car and died right next to it. The medics couldn't do anything.

-Where is his body? What was he doing there?

-I don't have the authority or a mandate to act in another city, sir. The investigation will be exclusively Busan's police department's job.

-Then all it's left is Chan.

8 hours ago...

Minho was driving the half-destroyed car into the darkness of the night.

He could see the lights from the Mafia's cars. He knew he was followed. He counted three cars after him. But for some reason he just couldn't think clearly.

His breath was unsteady. His arms were trembling on the steering wheel. He tried to hold his necklace to calm down, but in the same time he needed to keep his eyes on the road.

He didn't know what was happening to him. Fear... He never felt that before meeting Jisung. He never feared death. He didn't have a reason why. Now he had Jisung, the team...his friends.

Then he remembered... He saw that before, but he couldn't understand at that time what was happening.

One night Jisung woke up to sit at the window. Minho woke up from his nightmares to see the younger sobbing in silence. When he asked him what's wrong, Jisung admitted he was having a panic attack, but he also said that it was happening to him all the time and that's he would eventually calm down on his own. Minho tried to understand it. He did. He even searched it up on Internet.

It was impossible for him to comprehend such reaction. And now he was experiencing his own.

Jisung was on a side street, hid in the buildings shadow.

He got out of his pocket a lighter and looked for the last time at Minho's police file. That piece of paper that contained Minho's profile along with all the missions he had.

He set the paper on fire and watched it burn other ground, slowly disappearing in front of him.

Suddenly his phone started ringing.

After walking alone from the entrance of the city to the buildings area, Chan finally found a kind enough person to lend him the phone. And the first person Chan called was the one that had higher chances to find Minho, which was Jisung.

-Hello?

"Jisung, you need to find Minho right now!"

-Hyung? What? Why? Something happened to him?

"He is currently driving with a broken car though the city, followed by Mafia's men and I think he is panicking. You need to get to him before he gets hurt."

-Hyung, how am I supposed to find him since he is driving? I don't even know where to start searching.

In that exact moment a loud boom filled Jisung's ears. A lump formed in his throat as he hung up the phone and walked slowly towards the source of the sound.

He saw two black cars crushing a third one from both sides. When one of them gave in reverse, the car trapped between Mafia's opened its door revealing a figure crawling out of it and laying with his back on the concrete.