Felix's backstory part 1

Australia, 10 years ago, Mister William's circus

Felix was a very young when it happened. The shock of that night marked him forever. Yet he was clueless about the nightmare that was about to experience for 9 years.

-They ruined me! They've ruined me! How I'm gonna explain that? They were the main attraction!

-Sir, please calm down! said one of Mister Will's partners. You're scaring the kid. He just lost both of his parents. He can't handle your screams.

A moment of realisation hit the boss of the circus. He crouches down and looked in the boy's eyes holding in a tight grip his shoulders.

-You...You are gonna pay your parents duty. What was your name again?

The boy was too shocked to answer any of his questions or to even react.

-Doesn't matter! the man shrugged. I'm gonna give you a stage name anyway. Starting now, you're Felix and you're gonna take your parents place in the circus. I am gonna give you a partner and start train you. You're gonna be a star, kid! Ha ha! You're gonna make so much money for me.

Years of training made Felix worth his title as the main attraction of the circus. People would  come to see his numbers and only  his. That's how he gained hatred looks from the others working there. He was popular, but despited in any way possible by his colleagues and treated like shit by his boss.

For the stunts to be more grateful, which meant more dangerous, Felix was forbidden to eat for days. He was starving, but the skinnier look would attract more people. His partner wasn't even talking to him in the rehearsals. And the worst thing was that he was stuck in that miserable place because of his parents.

He would spend his night sobbing in his pillow, missing his mother's gentle kiss on his forehead and his father's smile.

God, he was dying inside and he had no one to hold him and to lie to him about the beauty of the world. What a good way to live your teenage years, huh?

One night, when he was 20 years old, he had a very dangerous number and at some point in the choreography he was supposed to catch his partner at a height of 7 metres. If it weren't enough pressure on him, Mister Will took off the safety-net as he did the night Felix's parents died, which led to Felix not able to catch his partner and letting him fall before crashing with the ground and dying.

Felix blamed himself for that every night. If his hands weren't that sweaty, if he wouldn't have remember that night and started having an anxiety attack, if he wouldn't have hesitate in that second, he wouldn't be now called a criminal, having blood stained on his hands and guilt as a lump in his throat.

After the accident, his boss became much worse and cruel with him, letting him go sleep outside in the rain or locking him in the lion cage. That easily became a ritual of shame and a habit for Felix. He was already broken. He had lost everything. He was part of the dirty world now, so he couldn't care less what happens to him. He wanted everything to end faster.

-You look skinnier than I thought. They don't feed you, don't they?

Felix was on the ground hugging his knees when he heard a stranger's voice talking to him. He looked up and saw a tall man, with blonde curly hair, wearing an expensive cout.

-Here, eat this! said the man holding a sandwich to Felix's face.

-I'm not a pauper to accept your mercy, Felix spit back.

The man only grinned before crouching down to him.

-Bold of you to assume I don't want anything in exchange.

-I don't have money.

-I don't want money. I want your skills in my team. Where is your boss?

Felix was confused, but he did led the man to his boss, then eavesdropped on their conversation from behind the door.

They were arguing about the price to put on his head. His boss was selling him to that man. He was supposed to feel numb at that moment, but a little part of himself was just happy he is leaving that place.

His boss was lying.

When the day Felix was supposed to leave the circus finally came, Felix found himself beaten to death by his boss. Full of bruises and with a bleeding nose, he was helpless.

-I was about to send you away until I came up with a brilliant idea. I found a traficant that would pay me much more to have you as his slut. I can finally retire after all this years, said the old man while hitting the boy with his legs.

That was the end for Felix. That was how his life would end.

The latter closed his eyes waiting for the moment his organs would yield when he hears a shot. He opened his eyes, startled by the numbness of his limbs and the pain in his ribs and met the view of his boss laying death on the floor, blood flowing off his head. He also saw the blonde man above him holding a gun with a dull expression upon his face.

-Can you get up?

Felix nodded as he was trying to stand up, but his legs gave up immediately.

The man bend down for Felix to ride his back.

-Felix, right?

-Ye-yeah...

-My name is Chan. I want you in my team. I have great plans for you.

-I don't think I can help you. All I did in this life was to kill a man...

-That's exactly what I want you to do.

Felix leaned his head on Chan's shoulder, slowly closing his eyes. Before drifting off, he managed to whisper in Chan's ear a sincere "Thank you".