"Oh ! I saw her shivering badly so i went near her to check if she is fine but she started shouting suddenly , what happened to her ?"

"Ummm.... Nothing it was just a panic attack sir"

"Panic attack??"

"Yes sir after that incident ", she left a deep breath and continued, "it's obvious na."

"I am sorry to remind it again , but you were the one to get mo... molested that night right but why is she getting panic attacks?" , I questioned her but the fact that she got molested made me weak and my viens popped up in anger .

She looked at me with a start and her teared up instantly.

Argh! Anirudh you really don't have sense, i mentally scolded myself.

"S..sir s..she pu..pus...pushed hi...m so...the th... thought...." , she stammered but I cut off her in middle by holding her shoulders and made her sit on the bench which was near us and sat beside her.

"Umm... I am sorry bondita" , i said while reaching to hold her hands.

Before she could say anything.....

"BONDITA , you are freezing" , i exclaimed as her hands were extremely cold.

"Nothing to worry sir , it often happens when I get nervous", she said looking down

"Sorry", i said looking down, not having courage to look into her eyes

"That's ok sir" , she said , "And by the way thanks a lot sir , you have helped us a lot in this case".

I just gave her a decent smile and got lost in my thoughts. Can i ask her about this now? No, absolutely not , just now reminiscing that incident her eyes welled up but....

My thoughts were paused when I heared her voice," what happened sir ?" ,She asked me

"No.. nothing ", i replied

"If you want to ask me something, you can, sir , "i won't take it in a wrong way" , she said as if she read my mind.

Why is she so understanding?

I took a deep breath and asked ," see bondita , we are in 21st century and nowadays girls have become stronger , they have started to raise their voice against the injustice happening to them and even the laws are supporting them . So , why don't you file a case against charan , see you don't have to worry I will be with you ."

She looked at me and a small chuckle left her lips , while I looked at her with questioning eyes.

"Sir , what is going to change if I file a case against him?"

"You will get jus..." , I was cut off by her

"Justice ? , And what am I going to do with it ? The person who is the reason for this pain is itself dead then what is the use sir."

Sensing that I am going to say something , she continued "and even if he is alive what justice do your law gives us? It just ruins our character . Though women's our empowered , there are still few .... Sorry many people who are keen in questioning the character of womens and her family in such cases."

What she said was right , in India if a molestation case is filed the punishment for that person is just an imprisonment for 1 to 6 years considering the sevireity of the case and this only applies for a normal person. If the person , is from a wealthier family he comes out the next day and continues to play his cheap games with other girls. But for a women that particular incident will be a haunting one for her entire life .

"I understand your point , i just asked because , i thought by doing so you could get some mental peace , nothing else.", I said

"Mental peace?? , If I am filing a case against him now , his death case will turn against me , sir . They would say that I killed him . Even if the law can accept it by taking it as a way to protect myself , his family won't . The next day itself I will be in heaven with my family ", she said with a chuckle which instantly made me to smile. But after that a serious expression came over her face and she again got busy in counting the grass in the garden.