Promises and Guilt

Start from the beginning

It just made her cry harder. Thankfully, after half an hour she calmed down.

"Hey, uh, Snips?" Anakin knocked on her door. "I think we need to talk about what happened."

Ahsoka rolled over in her bed and ignored him. He was probably trying to deal with her problems so he wouldn't have to deal with his own. She'd been his Padawan long enough to pick up those little things.

"If you don't answer, I'm coming in there whether you like it or not." Anakin warned.

"Go deal with your own problems." Ahsoka yelled at him.

Anakin paused. "Okay, I should, but as your Master it's my responsibility to help you."

"And as your Padawan, it's my responsibility to make sure you deal with your own problems!" Ahsoka shot back angrily. She really didn't feel like dealing with this today.

"Then maybe I'll take you back so you won't be a Padawan anymore first thing tomorrow morning!" Anakin threatened.

She froze. Would he really send her back? No—no—no he couldn't, right? She didn't move again until she heard Anakin angrily walk away.

...

When Obi-Wan got back, Anakin and Ahsoka weren't talking to each other. Apparently to do the mission and everything, they faked not fighting to find him. Part of him wanted to take it as a compliment, but something probably happened between them. That's why he was visiting them now. Their apartment was unusually quiet, too.

"Anakin, Ahsoka?" He knocked on the door. "May I come in?"

Anakin opened the door looking really dead.

"Are you alright?" Obi-Wan asked worriedly as he walked inside.

"Yeah." Anakin lied.

"Ahsoka!" Obi-Wan called. "Can you come out here?"

Ahsoka walked out of her bedroom, looking just as dead as Anakin.

"To start off, I'd like to apologize for the past week." Obi-Wan started. "I realize it was wrong of me to do that to you two."

Anakin snorted. "You're not wrong."

Ahsoka crossed her arms and rolled her eyes angrily at them both.

"Now, I've come back, and something has clearly happened between you two. I don't know what it is, but I will find out. You can't fight each other forever." Obi-Wan said.

"Yeah, we won't." Ahsoka scoffed. "Because he's going to send me back." You could tell she was holding back tears.

"Anakin, did you really say that?" Obi-Wan questioned. It was outrageous to say something like that to your Padawan. No wonder they were fighting.

"I was trying to help her and she was being rude!" Anakin argued.

"I was trying to get you to take care of yourself!" Ahsoka shot back angrily. "You can't always be dealing with my problems and not acknowledging yours! Self care is important!!"

Obi-Wan sighed and stepped in between the two. "So what I'm hearing is you, Ahsoka, tried to get Anakin to practice self care, and he refused. Then he threatened to take you back so you're mad at each other."

"Yes." They both said at the same time.

Obi-Wan laughed quietly to himself. "I can't leave them alone, can I?" He muttered.

"So what do you want?" Anakin asked with acid in his voice.

"Anakin, apologize to Ahsoka for threatening to send her back to the Jedi." Obi-Wan ordered.

Anakin sighed really loudly. "I am sorry for threatening to make you not my Padawan anymore."

Obi-Wan smiled. "Ahsoka, apologize to Anakin for being rude."

"Anakin, I am sorry for being rude." Ahsoka said through clenched teeth. "Now, I'm gonna go see Barriss now." Ahsoka ran out the door, not bothering to close it.

"Anakin, I'm really proud of you." Obi-Wan admitted. "I know it takes a lot for you to apologize."

Anakin looked away. "Don't think too much about it. It's nothing."

Obi-Wan shrugged and began making tea. He most definitely would think about it.

...

When Ahsoka left the Order, Anakin felt like he failed her. What happened to all his promises to keep her safe? Were they suddenly unimportant now?

"You left me!" He yelled at her bedroom door. "You left me, Rex, Obi-Wan, all of us!" He fell to his knees, holding her Padawan braid. "I trusted you to not leave like the rest of them, but you did." He began to sob. "I-I trusted you."

"I trusted you." He whispered and for a moment, his eyes turned yellow.

...

When Ahsoka walked down that ramp for the Siege of Mandalore, looking at Anakin and Obi-Wan, she didn't feel relief. She felt regret about all the promises she broke, all of it. She knew they made promises about her, too. And she caused them to break all of them.

When Anakin tried to be friendly, all she could do was brush him off. She didn't want any more promises made or broken between them both. There was enough guilt going around already.

When she left, Ahsoka felt guilt about not spending more time with Anakin and Obi-Wan. She'd made a mistake.

...

Ahsoka wanted to break down sobbing on Malachor, she really did. Anakin—Vader was right there. She knew that suit was her fault. She left him and broke her promises. She promised to keep him safe once. It turns out that was harder than it looks.

Not giving up on Vader was maybe how she'd make up for that. Maybe it was how it'd all be fixed.

"I won't leave you, not this time."

Yeah so it's pretty cringy. I had a few problems with writing this new writing style

I hope you liked it, but if you don't, that's fair

Also requests are most appreciated and I am lifting the one request per one-shot book and person, so you can ask for unlimited one-shots now :D

Have a good day/night or time on an alien planet