💞33💞

not proofread and I also wrote this with my brightness all the way down on my phone bc I'm in school so it's probably a mess 😭

Felix decided to take Jisung's advice to bring up the topic of being gay, simply to see what the reaction would be. He decided to see his mom's reaction first mainly because they already had plans to do something and it gave him the perfect opportunity.

They were currently on their way to go to the mall together as Felix needed some more jeans and his mom needed to buy someone a gift. Usually, whenever they went somewhere his mom would let him play whatever music he would like as she was interested in what kind of music he was interested in.

Felix searched up a song that he usually only listened to when he was alone in his room and nervously tapped on it before he heard the calming beat through the speakers.

He didn't realize it but he was holding his breath as he kept glancing over at his mother, wondering what she was thinking up until she finally spoke up.

"His voice is very nice." She complimented since they always seemed to be able to bind over Felix's music taste.

"Yeah, I've been listening to him a lot lately...his name is Holland." Felix explained, nervously smiling.

"Hmm...the lyrics are interesting. What is this one about? Has he talked about it in an interview or anything?" His mom asked curiously.

"Well, he's gay so the song is kinda about accepting that." Felix explained quickly, hating how it went dead silent momentarily after.

"Oh, yeah that makes sense. I was kinda confused as to what it was about. The lyrics are sweet too Lixie. You have good music taste.

"You don't think that's weird?"

"I don't think what's weird?" She questioned back, glancing at her son who was doing one of his nervous habits. She noticed how he was pressing his fingers into his wrist to check his pulse which he only did when he was feeling anxious.

His mom looked skeptical but kept her eyes on the road and waited for Felix to answer her question which seemed to be taking forever.

"That he's gay."

"Nothing about that is weird. He can't help who he likes, besides, he's using his feelings as inspiration for a beautiful song just like everyone else does. Why? Do you think it's weird?"

"No...I think that he's pretty brave to release it. I look up to him." Felix admitted and nervously picked at his nails. He felt like now may have been a good time to mention something. His mom seemed suspicious now yet she didn't seem angry at all but before he could they already arrived at the mall.

Of course, Felix's mom noticed that he was being a lot quieter than he usually was. He was silently glancing around at clothes when usually he was asking for her opinion every two seconds.

"Lixie, this would look cute on you." She said, picking up a light pink hoodie that looked three times bigger than Felix's actual size.

Felix just looked up at her and blankly blinked a couple of times.

His mom narrowed her eyes in suspicion before putting it back. "Are you ready to go home already? You seem like you aren't in the mood to shop."