50

Oh, the joys of Christmas.

Christmas music. Christmas food. Christmas decorations.

Yeah, not feeling it this year.

Seeing couples all cuddled up under a mistletoe makes me miss Dinah ten times more.

I even miss the girls.

Which sounds stupid considering they probably hate me.

I looked at the Christmas tree that was lighting up be living room. It was currently 7:30 A.M. and I was on the sofa, snuggling with a blanket.

I looked at the doorway when I heard footsteps come down the stairs.

"Alba? Sweetie, why are you up?" My mom asked softly.

I shrugged. "Couldn't sleep."

Mom sighed and walked over to me, kissing my forehead. "You want anything to eat?"

I shrugged again. "Whatever you make is fine."

She brushed hair out of my face before leaving the room and going into the kitchen.

I continued to stare at the tree and before I knew it, mom had brought out plates of pancakes and waffles and hot chocolate.

Then the rest of my family came downstairs.

"Merry Christmas!" Mari and Luca yelled.

Mom smiled at them. "Merry Christmas."

Dad walked to mom and kissed her. "Merry Christmas." He then walked over to me and kissed my head. "Merry Christmas mija."

"Merry Christmas papi." He sat next to me and grabbed a plate.

"You excited to open the presents?" He asked us.

"Yes!" Mari and Luca said at the same time.

"I guess." It had always been that I got the least presents and I'd probably get less this year.

I was correct. I got less than usual, probably because of my grandma, but the gifts I did get were mostly baby related. Which I was so grateful for.

Mari and Luca were really happy with what they got and I was happy that they were happy.

The doorbell rang and since my mom was snuggled up to my dad and my siblings were on the floor watching a movie, I stood up and went to answer it.

I opened the door and my eyes widened slightly.

"Wow... You look horrible."

"Thanks for pointing out the obvious..." I stepped out and shut the door. "What are you doing here Camila?"

"Yeah, uh." She raised the sweater. "What the hell is this? What game are you trying to play?"

"I'm not playing a 'game' Camila."

"Yeah, then why is Dinah crying at home because of this?"

My eyes got glossy... Wait... Since the breakup, they've always been glossy. "I ordered that and forgot to cancel it." I said quietly. "If you don't want it, you can just throw it out. But like it or not, you're still this baby's aunt."

"You're starting to show you know..."

"Really? I had no idea." I said sarcastically. "Sorry, sorry..." I sighed. "Was there anything else or can I go back to drowning in my own misery?"

Camila sighed. "I'll leave you too it." Then I watched her leave.

I walked slowly to the steps on the porch and sat down on them. There was a slight breeze outside. Not cold but not hot.