33

I was texting Dinah when my mom walked into the room.

I looked up from my phone and smiled at her. "Hey."

"Hi." She smiled and sat down on the bed. "Your dad is leaving work early tomorrow so I was wondering if you could help me get the kids to their first day of school?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Good." She patted my knee. "Now get some sleep and put an alarm."

"Okay, I just have to say bye to Dinah first."

My mom smiled and stood up and kissed my forehead. "Do that. I love you."

"Love you too."

----

I groaned as my alarm clock blared trough the room.

I stumbled out of bed and made my way into Mari's bedroom. I shook her lightly. "Mari, time to wake up."

She mumbled something and turned around slowly. She looked at me tiredly and rubber her eyes. "Alba?"

"Yeah."

"What are you doing here?" She asked and sat up slightly.

"Papi has to work so I'm coming instead."

"Oh..." She yawned.

"Yeah, so get up." I ruffled her hair before going into Luca's room. This one was going to be tougher. "Luca? Wake up buddy." He stirred a little but didn't wake up. I sighed and placed my fingers on his nose, blocking it.

About ten seconds passed and his eyes opened. I let go and a breathed heavily while glaring at me. "Alba."

"Nice to see you up." I smiled. "First day of school so get ready!"

I proceeded to walk to my room to get ready. I threw on some jeans and a tank top then put some make up on.

I jogged down the stairs and joined my family in the kitchen. "Where's papi?" Luca asked.

"He had to go to work early." I said and he nodded.

"Is that why you're coming with us?"

"Yup!" I said and finished the rest of my cereal before grabbing their empty bowls too. "You guys got everything?"

They nodded and grabbed their bags before going out to the car. I jumped in the front and my mom got in the drivers seat.

"You buckled up?" She asked and looked in the rear view mirror.

"Wait..." Luca fumbled around. "Now I am."

We pulled up outside the school and we all got out. Mari grabbed my mom's hand and I grabbed Luca's.

"Alba." He whined. "I'm not a baby."

"What? Can't an older sister hold her younger brother's hand?"

He shook his head but his grip tightened. I smiled and kissed his head before we walked into Mari's classroom.

There were a few whispers when we walked in but I shook it off and stayed with Luca while mom and Mari went to get her timetable.

"So." I looked at Luca. "You excited to start school again?"

He shook is head. "Nope. I like summer."

"It'll pass in no time and before you know it it's gonna be summer again." He smiled and mom and Mari came back over. "Where's your seat?"

"Over there." She pointed to an empty table. "But none of the people on my table are here yet. I don't wanna sit alone."