DISCLAIMER/CHAPTER 1

©All Rights Reserved. None of this work, it's cover and summary may be reproduced, remade, copied, distributed, or otherwise by any means. This includes, but is not limited to, copying, photocopying, recording, or any other physical or digital means unless for non-commercial use such as reviews or commentary.

All characters, situations and ideas featured in this story are purely fiction and have no relation to any real events. Any similarities to real events are purely coincidental.

|||||||

ROME'S POV

"DUDE!"

I groaned rolling my eyes and slid my phone into my back pocket turning around to see my best friend, Henley running towards me.

He stopped right in front of me trying to catch his breath with his palms resting on his knees. I poked my tongue into my cheek and crossed my arms against my chest.

"If you're here again to persuade me into taking Samantha out for a date then go away because I already said I have no interest in doing that."

"Come on Rome! A date night would not hurt. Do you think I'll force my best friend to date someone who he doesn't even like? No! She's literally begging me and won't even leave me alone! Just get it done with....dump her after the date."

"It's not my problem."

I thrusted my hands into my pant pockets and turned around walking towards the exit of the university with him quickly following behind me.

Samantha, university's sweetheart. I learnt that she is in love with me due to the gossips going around in the hallways. She confessed to me thrice through her friends and I rejected her gently but she didn't give up, instead tries to get to me through Henley who happened to be her classmate.

I like guys but I am a coward due to which I can't come out to the society, not even to Henley. I'm scared of people judging me because of my sexuality and I didn't want to lose my friends.

I realised that I am into guys in my high school. I've dated a few girls but never felt comfortable with them and thought it was just a phase as people say and tried to adjust but I couldn't.

I eventually gave up and accepted myself but never told that to anyone. Whenever someone approach me to confess their feelings I simply reject them and walk away. I lie to my parents and friends that I am in mood to do relationships right now but the truth is I am trying...trying my best to find a way to tell them that I am a gay.

I just hope one day I can freely live without any fear of getting hate from people just because I'm different compared to them.

I came out of my thoughts when I heard Henley cursing while staring at his phone screen.

"What happened?"

"My mom sent me the location of a restaurant and told me to be there by eight tonight... She got engaged to her boyfriend a week ago so today I and my sister Christina are going to meet him for the first time. Annoying."

"Oh.. So she finally moved on from your dad? That's good, why do you find it so annoying? Your mom is happy and that's what matters."

"I don't hate my mom or anything but I sure am angry at her. She cheated on my dad with her boss a year ago and defended herself saying that it's just a one night stand and I don't fucking know what dad thought about it but he decided to forgive her.

He got clowned again because we found out that she's actually dating some other guy a few months later and that's when they got divorced so it's not mom but dad who should move on. She don't even regret it a bit.