Chapter 18. The Limit

Start from the beginning

"You did good Becky; I don't want you to worry. Take Tanya upstairs and get her washed up. I am taking her with me," Jimmy said.

"Please Jimmy don't take her to jail," Becky cried and begged.

"Becky, I am taking her to the hospital. She needs to see a doctor too," Jimmy assured Becky.

Becky too was in shock, but she nodded and took Tanya by the hand and headed up the stairs.

"I need to talk to my aunt," Tanya told Becky.

"You heard what Jimmy told you; don't tell anyone what you did to Mr. E," Becky reminded her.

                                                                               <><><><><>

After Becky cleaned up Tanya and changed her out of the bloody clothes, Tanya pointed to the phone. "I need to talk to Eric," she said.

Becky looked at Tanya. She felt so sorry for the girl looking back at her. She seemed to have regressed from a confident woman back to a little girl in such a short time. "You can't talk to him now, maybe later."

"I need to talk to my aunt then," she said.

"Ok but promise that you won't tell her about what happen to Mr. E."

"I promise."

Becky dialed Daphne's number. and gave the phone to Tanya. It was late at night.

"Tanya? Everything ok chile?" her aunt asked as if she knew something was wrong.

Tanya busted out in tears. "I killed him Aunty; I shot him. He is gone just like Daddy." She hiccupped.

Becky rolled her eyes at Tanya.

"Killed who?" Daphne asked. Daphne had a hard time understanding what Tanya said.

"Who is there with you?"

"Becky and Jimmy," Tanya cried.

"Put Jimmy on the phone," Daphne said.

"I need you Aunty; please come," Tanya cried.

"Of course I will come, just let me talk to Jimmy,"

Becky told Jimmy to pick up the phone in the kitchen.

Jimmy hesitated. He was in a crime scene and did not care to touch anything. He picked up the phone and slowly put it to his ears. He quickly moved it from his ear at the vibration of Daphne's voice coming through.

"Calm down Daphne," Jimmy begged. He explained to Daphne what he found on entering the house and that Eric was not dead as far as he knew,  but was at the hospital getting treated for a gunshot wounds.

"I sure hope you are not planning on taking an almost eight months pregnant woman to jail for something her husband provoked?" Daphne said.

"I am not taking anyone to jail...yet. No one is dead yet. I don't know for sure what happened and none of the parties is in any condition to talk to me. I am going to take Tanya to the hospital because I think she needs medical care. I wouldn't want to leave her here and then she went into labor on a stormy night as this," Jimmy explained.

"Ok, good call Jimmy. I will meet you at the hospital," Daphne said.

"Daphne, don't drive down here tonight in this weather. Tomorrow is best for you to come."

AT THE HOSPITAL:

Lloyd paced the floor waiting for news.   His Uncle Linden sat with his legs apart, elbows on his legs and face in his hands.  It was hard to tell if he was crying, but he was mad as hell.  Lloyd could not remember seeing his uncle so heartbroken...not even when his mother died.  Linden was the ultimate optimist always seeing that silver lining.   For the first time he lashed out at the Johnsons.  Eric and Lloyd were his boys ... more like sons to him.