𝟏𝟏|| 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚

Start from the beginning

Leo gave me free night because of this date with Mari, so I got enough time to get ready. I really hope this goes on like I planned. I'm not nervous because she is my bestfriend and I know her forever. But I am nervous about other thing for tonight.

I dressed up, put my rings on, grabbed keys and went downstairs. I think she's ready by now, but anyways I don't want her to wait for me.

I stood in hallway when I heard door and voices from upstairs. She slowly walked with her head down, holding her hair to not go in her face so she can look where is she going. When she saw me, she stopped at top of the stairs and looked at me with smile.

I took time to study her, she looked breathtaking. That fucking tight dress, reveals a little. Enough to drive me crazy but still decent which I loved. She walked down and got closer to me. "You look beyond beautiful, stellina."  [translate: little star]

She bit her bottom lip with words, "Thank you. You are not bad yourself."

We went to my car and I opened door for her and went to my seat. "Where are we going?" She asked

"We are impatient, aren't we?" I chuckled.

She gave me curious look, "Well, right now yes. Tell me."

"You will see stellina, we are almost there."

She narrowed her brows at me and asked, "Why stellina?"

"Your eyes and hair remind me of stars. And you always have that light with you in this fucked up, dark world." I answered her question and I saw her face softened at my words. "Why? You don't like it?" I asked her because she was silent.

She put her hand at my thigh and turned her body towards me, "No Max, I love it." And there is that beautiful smile of hers.

"Here we are." I said to her after couple minutes. She was so excited and that warmed my heart.

She opened the door and started to get out, "Hey no, risalire in macchina." I stopped her.

[translate: get back in the car]

Confusion was on her face but she got back in with words, "Perchè cosa c'è che non va?" Fuck I love when she speaks Italian.

[Why, what's wrong?]

I didn't answer, I just got out and walked towards her door and opened it. "Now you can get out."

Her smile was wide, "You are so stubborn and refined man I see."

"Only for you." I said while leading her to entrance of restaurant that I loved and I think she would too. It was moderate and warm, still classy and beautiful. Something I liked the most was view, on top of the roof.

"Good evening, Mr. Marchetti and Miss Arreto. I'll take you to your table." Hostess that sat next to door said when we walked in.

Mari looked at me with eagerness when she saw that she lead us outside and then at the stairs. I just smiled at her. She was too damn cute.

"Here you go. Enjoy and have beautiful night." Hostess said when she got us at the roof. We both thanked her and walked towards table. The whole city was in front of us, we were alone. She looked around and then back on me, "This is beautiful Max, thank you." This is all I needed to hear.

"I just want to make you happy." I said wrapping my hand around her waist.

"You don't have idea how much you make me happy." She said when I connected our foreheads. "That's all I want to do in my life" I said and right after I put my lips on hers.

This is never going to get old. I forget everything and enjoy her. I don't want to let her go ever again. We pulled of, still with our lips brushing on each other "Okay, let's sit."

We sat and talked about place a little bit. Waiter came and took our orders. "How are you Mari, did you talked to Pablo?"

She sighed. "When I told you guys about it I was fine. Before that I was literally falling apart. But now that I have your support, I can't be better."

"You know that you always have our support. I get it and im thankful you told us. We are not letting you go. I don't"

"I know. Pablo said that I can't tell you guys for many reasons and he put pressure on me. "

"You are safe with us now." I took her hand in mine.

She smiled, "I'm sorry for what I put you through. Thank you for everything."

"Don't be sorry Marianna, I get everything."

She nodded her head. "He didn't come home since I told you. Laura, our maid told me he just came once to take some papers. He is probably at his other apartment. "

"Leo talked to him but Pablo didn't say anything that can help us. But he will give job to one of our best assassins and agents to solve that. Because we have so much work with our baby sister, mother, rob and so much other shit. I hope you understand." I said

"Hey I understand everything. You need to concentrate on building relationship with your sister. Thank you for even getting other person to solve it for me." This girl can't be better.

"But I can't put reason in my head why he did that. I hope there is really good explanation because I can't forgive him that easily." She zoomed out and I saw sadness in her.

"Please, don't press yourself about that. I know it's hard but we will go through it. We will solve everything and get bad people out of our lives."

She smiled and nodded her head. "Wait, are you going to get that Greek assassin that Alessandro is secretly obsessed with." She asked through laugh.

I laughed too. "Yes, that one. Beside her being the best one, we get her to provoke Ale too."

"Oh Gosh, all you Marchetti man are stubborn as heck. Why don't he just admit it to her?" Mari asked

"Well, he said that he wants to fuck around and be hot single uncle forever so... we will see."

Our food arrived and we just talked and laughed. This is the best I felt in really long time. Then, that time came. "Marianna, I have to ask you something important."

She titled her head and gave me signal to ask. "You are my bestfriend forever. Girl I want by my side. And I'm stupid for not asking you sooner but... Miss Arreto, can I be your boyfriend?"

She started smiling so hard, blush took over her face completely. And laughing probably remembering our conversation years back. "You didn't forget it." When we were little she said that guys should ask 'can I be your boyfriend' instead 'will you be my girlfriend' and I love it.

"Of course I did." I smiled back

"Yes Mr. Marchetti I would love that." I came to her and pulled her into me. My life can't be better now. I have girl of my dreams, my family healthy and happy, and we are close to finding our youngest sister.

We started pulling into slow kiss but something behind her took my attention. My eyes widened when my sight cleared. Fuck this is not happening.
"Marianna get down!" and I pressed her and put her to the ground when a loud shot was heard. "Massimo, no!"