Chapter 9: He's... gone.

X looked up at the two boys, looking scared as if they were gonna keep pestering them until answers came out. Coiny closed the door and Firey sat down first.

It looks like the boys been through too much... X thought while Coiny sat down next to Firey.
"X are you okay..? Are you okay with us asking questions? If your not that's fine we just want to know about what happened to Leafy."
"I'm f-fine with it! I just can't answer too much or he's gonna kill me for it... And never respawn me back ever..."
"That's f-cked up..."
"Four NEVER did that with any of us, right?"
"He did that a while ago with Clock. He overheard me and Four talking, so Four had to threaten him not to talk. It's unbearable how messed up he is now ever since he got a power boost-"
"What?"
"He got this weird new power that affects alive objects, and he was planning on doing it on Leafy.. and I tried to stop him but it never worked. He told me that even if I tried to run away, you'd always knew I was a part of this too... I couldn't run. From him or his mistakes. But here I am!"
"FOUR IS GOING TOO FAR-"
"What did he do though?" Firey asked after Coiny yelled.
"He just used it when she was full of anxiety and negative, and I'm pretty sure the process is preventable, and being able to revert her back takes time... How much has happened to her?"
"She's blue all over besides for her messy bun.. maybe all the way. Pins keeping an eye out for her, and would call us if anything bad happened-"
Coiny's phone went off. Pin.
"HELP SHE'S FULLY BLUE AND TRYING TO RUN OUTSIDE AND THROWING KNIVES AT ME!"
"HOLY GUACAMOLE OKAY FIREY YOU KEEP QUESTIONING THEM I NEED TO HELP PIN!"
"What's going on?!"
"She's blue all over and attacking Pin!"
Coiny ran out the door and Firey sat there, trying not to cry. They had lost her. She'd never attack Pin.. and who knows if she's just gonna kill her to be honest...
"Firey..? You alright?"
"I'm fine. I knew I f-cked up when I gave in to him..."
"What'd you do?"
"Hide going out to the bar from Leafy and keeping a reputation there, saying I'm a single pringle, and Coiny did the same, but Pins not really mad at him. But Leafy's mad at me for breaking a promise."
"You really did mess up, didn't you..."
"Yeah.. and I blame myself. She's blaming herself for it, and now I might never be able to fix things.."
"Four really did mess up too, huh."
"What..?"
"When he said he wanted to go after someone that just got married... my mind drifted off to you two, and how much you've already been through. I tried talking him out of it, but he said and I quote:
'It seems a leaf would be great :)' and I just stood by and I was unable to do anything. He's mad."
"X I'm sorry. If you want, you can stay with me however long you want. You don't have to go with him. Just for right now, best to stay over here until I text you, okay? Here's my number."
After the two exchanged contacts, Firey ran out the door, smiling and waving at X, and then worried and panicked outside the room, running down the hall.

"I hope they get her back in time..." X said, calming themselves down.
------------------------
"LEAFY! WHERE IS SHE?"
"IN THE KITCHEN! SHES INSANE!"
All Coiny could see of Leafy was the blue messy bun that sat on her head, now more messy. Pin was hiding behind the couch, still holding the frying pan, and Coiny hid with her until Firey kicked down the door and immediately hid with the others.
"So, did X tell you anything?"
"All he said was that Four is messed up more than ever... He's toxic."
"Anything about Leafy, then?"
"It should be able to be reversed, but we'd need to try hard to snap her out of it. Where is she anyways..?"
"Tied up in the bedroom."
"WHY IS SHE TIED UP?!"
"She tried multiple times to actually murder me and Coiny.."
"I'm gonna go check on her.."
"Don't worry she has no knives, just she will talk to you at least... I hope."
"Alright. I'll see what I can do."

Door opens, and a tied up blue figure, no green left, sat down.
Firey was cautious, when he closed the door, the figure jumped.
"Leafy...?"
"What. Do. You. Want."
"I want to talk to you!"
"Why. No point."
"You have to snap out of it, okay? You care about Pin and Coiny, don't you?"
"... I don't know... NO!"
"Your voice... Someone else is talking for you, aren't they?"
"Yeah...OH H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS NO! SHUT UP PERSON IN MY HEAD! STOP TALKING FOR ME! WHY SHOULD I?! HE HURT YOU THEY ALL HURT YOU!"
Firey was unsure whether to help her or just leave and let the two feud. He decided to attempt helping her, and he partially succeeded.

"Leafy, let me help-"
"PLEASE! SHUT UP YOU DON'T NEED HELP FROM THE LIAR! YES I DO I'M SICK OF YOUR BS! IS IT BECAUSE IT'S TRUE?! YOU SAID IT YOURSELF! YOU DIDN'T WANT HELP BEFORE AND YOU CALLED HIM A LIAR! SO NOW YOUR TAKING ALL OF IT BACK?! YES BECAUSE I NEED HELP! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"

Firey stood back, and told Leafy he'd give her some space. Leafy pleaded him not to leave, and the other voice told him to just go, since he was already gonna leave anyways. He fought between the two thoughts, and stayed. He had to help his wife, no matter if she hated him or not.

It's his duty as her husband, of course.