Chapter Fourty Seven

The girls were at Mayas moms house for the afternoon so i had the house to myself. I decided on doing some baking to treat maya and the girls when they came home.

I was singing along to the music on the alexa while stirring the pot of cake batter in the bowl. But i quickly got interrupted by my phone going off.

"Bailey?" i asked picking up the phone when it started to ring.

"hi Carina, you need to come to the hospital, it's maya." she said in a sorry tone instantly setting alarm bells in my head.

"what? is she okay?" i asked beginning to panic.

"just come, now please" she repeated, "i'm on my way."

With that i ended the phone call. Slipping on some shoes and running out to the car. I drove to the hospital probably getting a speed ticket on the way.

"Dr Bailey?!" i exclaimed when i arrived at the ER entrance.

"Carina, i need you to sit down" she said calmly taking my hand and leading me to a private room with a round desk and chairs in the centre.

"Bailey you're freaking me out" i said nervously tears rushing down my eyes.

"Carina. there was an accident, she didn't make it. I'm so sorry."

The End

"Carina! Carina wake up" i heard before gasping for air.

"Carina it's okay, breathe baby, breathe" i heard Mayas familiar voice say as she held me tightly, pulling me back into reality.

"you... i, you left" i sobbed still trying to process from a very realistic dream. Well, nightmare.

"i'm here, i'm not leaving" she whispered in my ear.

"Mama" Harper cried standing by the door. "Bambina i'm okay i just had a bad dream" i smiled, even though it was fake. "don't cry" she pouted before climbing onto the bed before wrapping her arms around me, and crying more on my chest.

"mama i'm scared" she said, her tears falling onto my chest, "bambina why are you scared?" i asked tucking her hair behind her ear. "what if mommy leaves" she said lifting her head up at maya.

Maya POV:
That sentence literally shattered my heart. "sunshine i will always come back to you" i tried reassuring her. "but- what if you don't" Harper sobbed again, "baby look at me" i told her cupping her cheeks so she was forced to look at me in the eyes. "mommy will never leave you, you will never be on your own" i said before pressing a kiss on her forehead.

"GOODMORNINGG!" Gracie sang swinging the door into our room. "oh- what is going on..." she questioned when seeing Carina and Harper both with tear stains. "it's been an emotional 5 minutes, but it is okay now bambina" Carina chuckled. "what's with the, GOODMORNINGGG!" i said imitating Gracie's entrance. "i just found out i had top of the class in my biology quiz" she said proudly sitting on the end of the bed. "what! that's amazing bambina!" Carina congratulated. "i knew you'd smash it, come here!" i said before hugging her tightly, "so proud of you baby girl" i whispered when we were embraced in the hug. "i think this causes celebrations!" Carina said leaving us all confused. "oh you mean, this is a cause for celebration" Gracie corrected before bursting into a fit of laughter, "ah si! so smart" she chuckled before getting out of bed with Harper on her hip. "would you like to go out for breakfast sunshine?" i asked Gracie. "heck yes" she said happily, "do i come?" Harper said with a sad expression, "of course" Gracie said taking Harper from Carinas arms and spinning her around making her giggle. I discreetly took out my phone and took a picture capturing this perfect moment and setting it as my new lock screen. "right let's get ready!"

Gracie POV:
"Harper what do you want to wear?" i asked flicking through her wardrobe of clothes. "can we be matching?" she asked looking at my outfit, i had black leggings with a white top and Green plaid shirt over it. I looked through Harper wardrobe finding black leggings, a white top, and a pink plaid jacket so we were almost identical. "good?" i asked her, "si" she said happily taking the clothes off me and changing. "hair?" i asked her, "like yours" she smiled, so i couldn't refuse. "mama and mom won't be able to tell us apart you know" i joked making her chuckle. i put her hair into two dutch braids like me and then we headed downstairs.

Carina POV:
"oh my god! Maya come here!" i shouted excitedly seeing the girls matching outfits and hair. "what? what is it?" she said panicked running over to me. "oh my. You look adorable!" she squealed running over and picking them both up in her arms. "Hey it was her idea" Gracie rolled her eyes trying to hide her smile. "ah you love it just as much as we do, don't lie bambina" i winked at her before snapping a picture and sending it to andrea.

A/N: RIGHT FIRST OF ALL IM SO SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO UPDATE😫
literally had such a writing block than came up with the whole fake dead maya 🤪🤪 apologise for that xxx

i will try update within a few days to make it up to u guys!!