Chapter Forty Three

Maya POV:

"Hey kiddo" I heard a familiar voice say from behind me, I turned around and instantly froze like a deer in headlights when I saw who it was. "Sir what do you want" Carina interjected snapping me out of my trance. "I just want to talk to my daughter if you don't mind" he responded smugly. "I do actually" she spat back at him. "Carina take the girls I can handle this" I told her not wanting them to be involved. "Ah yes I see, miss big fire captain wanting to protect her little family" he rolled his eyes. "Dad stop" I said in a serious tone keeping eye contact with him. He took a few steps toward me, towering over me. "Your daughter runs like a fool" he spat at me, "don't you dare" I warned, "or what" he said grabbing my arm. "Get the hell off me" I shouted pulling his hand away.
"Don't you dare touch her! you are unwanted in our lives now leave before I call the police!" Carina angrily shouted, I looked down at the girls who were visibly shocked. "We need to leave" I told Carina wanting to protect the girls, "sure run away like usual sweetie" he sniggered, "that's enough from you" I said before turning away from him and grabbing the girls hands. I heard a big slap and was about to go batshit on my dad if he'd hit Carina but when I turned around to my surprise he was holding his palm so his bright red cheek. "That's for being an ass" Carina said as he was stood there defencelessly. "Carina enough" I said before pulling to girls away
......
Gracie POV:
"Carina why the hell did you slap him?i can fight me own battles" Maya blurted out when we got to the car. "Maya let's not right now" Carina told her getting into the car and slamming the door. "Fine" she said bluntly starting the car. The whole car ride home consisted of awkward silence while Harper fell asleep in her car seat. "We're here" Maya said bluntly when we pulled up outside the house. We all got out the car and walked into the house. I went up to my room straight away not saying a word to either maya or Carina.

Maya POV:
"See now you've upset Gracie" I pointed out as she ran to her room. "Oh I'm sorry for defending my fiancé, Jesus Christ maya I can't win with you" She spat at me, "no but your teaching our children that violence is okay. They grew up in harmful environments what the hell is wrong with you for hitting someone infront of them" I said angrily, "Maya I was just defending you I-" she replied. "No carina I get your intentions but what you did was wrong. Infront of the kids really?" I said, "I know" she said sorryfully. "I'm going to check on Gracie" I said walking out the room and upstairs. "Hunny?" I said slowly opening the door, "hi mom" she looked up from her phone. "I'm sorry that happened" I told her. "It's fine" she said unconvincingly. "You did amazing today" I congratulated trying to change the topic. I went to move closer to her and she flinched away, "sorry" she said immediately looking worried. "you okay?" I asked her seriously, "just got a little um triggered earlier. I'm fine tho" she told me making me even more mad at Carina. "Baby you don't need to be scared, mama just did it to protect us" i said hiding the fact I was infuriated at Carina. "I know" Gracie said moving closer to me.

........
Gracie POV:
"Carina I've had it with you, I'm sleeping on the sofa" I heard Maya yell from downstairs. "Fine I don't care" Carina yelled back before stomping up the stairs. By now it was about 1am and they had been arguing all night. They thought I was asleep but I clearly wasn't. I heard footsteps coming toward my room and I knew it was Carina coming in to check on me. I jumped into bed but not quick enough by the time she walked in. "Gracie why are you awake bambina?" Carina asked me, "because you haven't stopped arguing the whole night" I rolled my eyes. "I know I'm-" carina begun before I cut her off. "Stop I don't care. Just leave" I said flipping over and facing my wall. "Bamb-" she started, "go away!" I shouted louder than intended. "Hey you don't get to talk to me like that" she said, "well if you just fuck off then it wouldn't be an issue" I yelled getting more infuriated. "Gracie Deluca-bishop you take that back" she said warning. "No" I argued turning toward her, "get out!" I yelled in her face. "We will be having words tomorrow" she said before angrily shutting the door.
.......
Next day
Carina POV:
The morning was silent. Me and Maya weren't talking, Harper was still asleep and Gracie had been avoiding me like I had the plague.
"Morning bambina" I said waking Harper up. "Hi" she groggily rubbing her eyes. "Good sleep?" I asked her getting a nod. "Can I have French toast please?" She asked me, "sure bellina let's go downstairs. We were sitting on the kitchen island eating French toast when Gracie came into the kitchen. She walked over to the fridge pulling out a bottle of water not saying a word and then sat on the sofa putting TV on. "Gracie no TV" I told her. She scoffed and continued to watch the film. "Gracie don't push it" I warned. She continued to ignore me and just before I was about to say anything Maya came downstairs.

Maya POV:
I came downstairs and looked over at Gracie and she rolled her eyes when she saw me, "great more people to yell at me" she said sarcastically. I decided to ignore her comment and joined Carina and Harper in the kitchen. "Hi sunshine" I said kissing Harpers cheek, "hi mommy" she smiled before wrapping her arms around my neck. "Maya keep Harper in here I'm going to talk to Gracie" She whispered in my ear.

A/N: sorry it took so long to update!!

Team maya or Carina???

Thoughts or predictions for next chapter???