Chapter Thirty Four

(a/n I'm going to start putting dates down from now on so you have a rough timeline of events)

Wednesday 16th August
Maya POV:
"Harper sunshine wake up" I said stroking her hair, "mhmm sleeping mommy" she said pulling the blanket over her head. "Your going to work with mama so you need to get up baby" I told her, "okay..." she groaned climbing out of bed, she stood up and held her arms up for me to carry her, "come on sweetheart let's go see mama" I said lifting her up.
.......
"Bye girls" I said as Harper and Carina left the house. "Gracie, are you up?" I shouted upstairs, no reply. I went upstairs and Gracie had fallen back asleep, "Gracie come on we have to go to the station" I said turning on her light, "mhmm 5 more minutes" she groaned, "okay but every five minutes extra minutes in bed is how much more you'll be running later" I told her, "what no I'm up, see!" She said quickly jumping out of bed, "thought that would work" I chuckled, "what have I gotten myself into" Gracie groaned pulling out clothes from her draw, "hey you wanted this" I said playfully rolling my eyes, "I know, I do" she admitted, "good now hurry up, we have to leave in 10 minutes, I said before kissing her on her forehead and going downstairs.
....
Gracie POV:
"What the heck is that?" I asked Maya as a came into the kitchen, "smoothie, and... I made one for you" she said pulling out a glass from the fridge, "try it" she said handing it to me, "but it's green" I argued, "just try it" maya repeated, I took a sip of the smoothie and to my surprise it actually tasted good, "Hm not bad" I admitted, "told you" she replied smugly.
......
Maya POV:
We'd been at the station for a few hours and I had my lunch break. "You ready?" I asked Gracie, "ready as I'll ever be" she said rolling her eyes, "where are we even going?" She asked, "the park" I said, "oh okay I'll get the car keys" she said opening my office door, "ah ah not so fast" I interrupted, "what?" She questioned, "we're running" I told her, "what but it's like 6 blocks away?!" She groaned, "fine car this time only" I said giving in.
......
"Only 1 mile left come on Gracie!" I encouraged as she was falling behind, "mom" she pleaded, "okay we can have a break" I said, she fell onto the grass and laid upwards facing the sky, "you okay?" I said standing over her, "yeh just boiling"  she told me, "I can fix that" I said before squirting some water from the bottle on her, "I'm gonna kill you!" Gracie shouted before jumping up and chasing me with the other water bottle. After awhile it is messing around in the park we decided to go back to the station for lunch, "how was your run?" Travis asked Gracie, "she soaked me" Gracie said giving me devils, "you said you were warm" I said holding my hands up innocently. Me and Gracie made our way up to the beanery and sat down to eat lunch, "mom?" Gracie turned to me, "yes sunshine?" I asked, "how come you and mama aren't married?" She asked which slightly taken me to surprise, "I bought her a ring awhile ago, I just haven't had the chance to ask her yet" I told her honestly, "oh okay" she said before taking a bite into a sandwich. "Is mama picking me up later or am I going with you?" Gracie asked me, "Up to you" I told her, "I'll just go home with her so I don't have to wait around for ages" she told me, "okay she should be here in a few hours so not too long" I replied picking up our empty plates, "okay I'll just go chill in your office" she said standing up, "okay but first you need to go help Vic clean the locker room" i said, "ugh okay" she said leaving.

Vic POV:
"Hey kid" I said to Gracie as she walked in the room, "hey" she said with a sigh, "you okay?" I asked concerned, "mhm" she replied not convincingly, "what's wrong?" I asked, "I dunno I'm just mad at everything, and myself" she admitted, "what do you mean?" I said sitting next to her, "I'm just mad at myself for going to that stupid party, now I can't see or talk to my friends, I can't talk to Aurora, and I know it's my fault but now I'm getting trapped with my thoughts and I don't know what to do" she said. "You know what I do when I'm mad or upset or overwhelmed?" I asked, "I punch" I told her. "I don't think punching people would be the best solution" she laughed, "no I don't punch people idiot, I punch bags. Come with me" I said holding out my hand for her to grab, "okay..." she said skeptically grabbing my hand.
"Put these on" I said handing her some boxing gloves when we got to the gym. "Fine" she huffed, "now punch" I told her, "I feel stupid" she said after throwing a weak punch at the bag, "hit it harder, use everything inside of you and punch" I told her,  she punched again, "harder!" I encouraged, "Yes keep going!" I said as she was hitting the bag, after a few more hits she stopped and a tear fell from her eye. "come here" I said opening my arms, she fell into me and started crying harder. "Thank you" she told me, "of course" I said holding her tightly.
.......
Carina POV:
Me and and Harper made our way through the station doors to get Gracie. "Ciao Vic" I greeted as we went into the station, "hey guys, Gracie's in Mayas office" she said, "okay Thank you" I said, "Harper look!" I said pointing to Maya walking toward us, "mommy!" She shouted running over and jumping on Maya" , "hi sweetheart" Maya said spinning her around in her arms, "I'm going to get Gracie" I told Maya before walking into her office, "Gracie?" I called out when she wasn't sitting at mayas desk, I walked in the bunk and she was asleep in bed, "hi bambina" I said kissing her forehead, "mamma?" She asked opening her eyes, "hi Bella" I said quietly, "come on let's get you home" I said helping her out of bed.

A/N: Hey guys!! Hope you enjoyed the chapter as always<33

Opinions on Vics POV? Thought I'd try something new....

Thankyou for reading🤍