Chapter Five

Maya POV:
I woke up to a loud ringing noise coming from my phone, I looked over to see Carina and Harper cuddled up in bed together so I left the room so I wouldn't disturb them. I answered the phone not knowing who it was.
"Hello?"
"Hi, it's Sharon, Harpers social worker. Is it okay if I drop by later just to do some checks and to see how everything is going?"
"Yes of course, what time?"
"Is 2pm okay?"
"Perfect see you then"
.......

I walked back into the room and the two girls were awake. "Good morning my girls", "hi mama" Harper replied.
"I just got a call off Sharon and she's going to drop by at 2pm" I told them.
"Take me?" Harper asked worriedly.
"No baby, nobody's taking you anywhere, she just wants to check that everything is okay." I reassured her.
..........
1:30pm
"Harper come have some lunch sweetheart" I shouted from the kitchen. "Okay mommy" I was reluctant about if she would eat it but seeing as she refused to eat breakfast but I guess that she was hungry enough to eat the whole thing. "Waw good girl Harper" I praised. "Sharon will be here anytime now so come sit down on the sofa" I told Carina and Harper. About 10 minutes later the door rang. "She's here" I said forcing a smile, "scared mommy" Harper told me, I picked her up and put her on my hip, "your not going anywhere baby girl okay?" She nodded her head and I opened the door.
"Hello, Maya, Carina and Harper of course" she said nicely.
I invited her in and she sat on the sofa, me and Carina were on the opposite sofa with Harper in between us.
"So Harper do you like living here?" She asked, Harper enthusiastically nodded her head at the question "well that's good isn't it, what's your favourite thing to do with Maya and Carina?" She asked her, "mommy and mama takes me to park and we watch mulan all time" she said confidently, "you call Maya and Carina your mommy's?" She said surprised, "Carina is mama and Maya is mommy"  she said jumping on my lap. "Very good Harper" she replied. "Bambina can me and mommy talk to Sharon a second, just go to your room and play your toys" carina said, Harper happily listened and walked upstairs. "We'd like to adopt Harper" I told Sharon. "That's so great to hear, I've never seen here so happy. There's a lot of paper work involved so we can have a meeting sometime next week to sort everything out" she said with a smile. "That's fantastic, thankyou so much" I replied standing up and showing her the door.

"Harper!" Carina shouted for Harper to come downstairs. She came downstairs with a bag of stuff, "bambina what's all this" Carina asked her, "leaving?" She said looking down at the floor. "Come here I told her patting at my lap, she happily climbed up and Carina sat next to me. "We want to ask you a question sweetheart" I asked her, "would you like for me and mama to be your mommy's forever?" "No more Sharon?" She asked us, "yes bambina, no more Sharon" Carina answered. Harper wrapped her arms around both of us "si mommys" she said "you are so clever my bambina" Carina said.
.......
"Carina!" I shouted from the living room, "si bella?" She replied from the kitchen. "Come here a sec" Carina walked over to sit next to me "I want to introduce Harley to the team, everyone knows about her but I want her to meet everyone." I told her.
"That's okay with me but you'll have to check with the bambina." "I'll ask her tomorrow morning" I said while Carinal started walking back into the kitchen.
.....
Maya POV:
Dinner time. The worst time of the day for Harper. Her behaviour has really become a problem when it comes to eating. I normally let it slide under the rug but things need to change.

I carried Harper to the kitchen and sat her in her seat. "Eat up bambina" Carina told her. She gave her no response, just stared at her food. "Come on bambina, we've been over this. You need to eat atleast half to grow big and strong." She said trying to encourage her. Still nothing. Me and Carina had finished our meals and I had started cleaning up. Harper still sitting at the table fidgeting in her chair while Carina sat next to her. Carina let out a sigh and walked over to me. "I don't know what to do, we can't just give in every time this happens" she told me. We both walked over to her and sat beside her. "Want to show mama how big you are eating your food?" She shook her head in response. "Bambina if you don't eat you can't watch a movie with me and mommy tonight." I told her. "No" she said, "no food don't want" she said crawling into Carinas lap trying to get her to give in.
"Maya maybe we should get let her not eat for tonight." "No Carina this has to stop" I replied. "Go pick a movie I'll make sure she eats I'll be up soon okay?" "Si".

"Harper.... you need to eat something okay? I'm going to leave you on your own for five minutes, if you still haven't eaten any by the time I come back you have to go straight to bed, no cuddles and no movies okay?" I left the room and went on my phone for 5 minutes before going into the room. I walked back in the room and her plate was empty. I knew she hadn't eaten it because she wouldn't have been able to eat all of it that fast.
I walked over the the bin and lifted up the lid to see the food at the bottom. "Harper? What's this?" She shrugged her shoulders and turned away. I picked her up and went upstairs, "that was really naughty Harper, I want you to go and say sorry to Mama for throwing her food away and then your going to bed" I said firmly knowing this is the only way I'm going to get her to learn. "put me down!" She screamed. "Go say sorry to mama." I told her pointing at me and Carinas bedroom.
She walked into the room. "Sorry for throwing away food Mama." She said leaving Carina confused as she was completely oblivious to the whole situation. "Good now to bed." I told her firmly. She walked in her room and shut the door.

"What the hell happened" Carina asked, "I gave her 5 minutes to eat something off the plate and when I came back her plate was empty and all her food was in the bin. I know she's had a hard start in life but it's no excuse to completely misbehave and act the way she is." "I agree bambina, she will learn."

A/N
Bit of a mixed chapter going on.... Longest one I've done so far, hope you enjoy reading!!