Chapter Thirty Two

(THIS WHOLE CHAPTER IS MAYA POV)
"Mom! What do I wear?" Gracie shouted from her bedroom, I went to her room and pulled out grey leggings and a black Nike turtle neck jacket.

(THIS WHOLE CHAPTER IS MAYA POV)"Mom! What do I wear?" Gracie shouted from her bedroom, I went to her room and pulled out grey leggings and a black Nike turtle neck jacket

"Perfect, thanks" she said, "you nervous?" I asked her, "yeh, anxious" she said playing with her hands, "you'll be okay, I'll stay anyways so I'm there" I reassured her. "Thanks mom" she said before changing into her kit.
........
"You ready?" I asked her as we pulled up to the parking lot. "As ready as I'll ever be" she said with a sigh. "Okay then let's go" I said patting her thigh and then stepping out the car. We walked into the track where a woman around 30 was standing who we presumed was the coach. "Hi I'm Maya Bishop, this is my daughter Gracie. She was told by one of her teachers to come and try for the team?" I said to the woman. "Ah Perfect okay, I'm Katie. It's nice to meet you" she said to me and Gracie. "Do you want to go warm up with the girls Gracie and then we can start?" She asked Gracie nicely, "yeh okay" she said before going over to the girls. "Okay so just to let you know training ends at 5:30 today, your welcome to stay if you want and I'll asses Gracie today" she told me, "perfect thanks"
.......
"Well done today" the coach said to Gracie before she made her way over, "you were so good Gracie, I didn't realise how fast you were!" I said hugging Gracie tightly full of pride. "Thanks mom, Katie said she wanted to talk to you so I'll go wait in the car" She told me.
....
"Gracie said you wanted to talk to me?" I said walking over to Katie. "Yes I did. I think that she has amazing potential and I want her to join our highest team which is a competitive team, she one of the fastest girls for her age and she hasn't even had the training" she told me which left me slightly taken back. "oh okay, and what would that involve?" I asked her, "training here 2 times a week with the team and a private with me once a week. Also if she could do any additional training at home that would be a great benefit. I know it may seem a lot but if this is something that she wants to do than she'd have great potential" she told me.
"Okay well id have to discuss it with her first, I was a Olympic runner and I know how much it can take over your life so I just need to make sure it's what she wants." I replied. "Okay waw perfect, I hope to see you both next week" she said kindly, "Thankyou, bye " I said before going back to the car.
......
I told everything that Katie had told me to Gracie once I got to the car. "So what do you think...?" I asked her, "yes!" She said a massive smile appearing on her face. "Are you sure, it's a big commitment" I said seriously, "I know but I feel such a rush running" she told me sincerely, "I want this mom" she added. "Okay we'll have to talk about it to your mama as-well but I'm okay with it, as long as your happy" I told her. "Okay let's go home" I said putting my seatbelt on. "Mom whose that..." Gracie said starring at someone out the window. "Who?" I asked trying to see, "there's a man just starring at us" she said with a worried tone. I leant over her to see what she was talking about,
"oh my-".

A/N: SURPRISE
Who do you think it is.......

Also wanted to give a special thankyou to :
gigi_savre lokeyliyahh MeghanDelacour thankyou guys for the support, leaving comments and messages it doesn't go unnoticed, thankyou💞💞

Also huge thankyou to everyone, 22k it's crazy, thankyou guys means the world<3