Chapter Forty

(TW: sexual assault/rape mentions)
Maya POV:

(That night)
I was still awake at 2am so i decided to go downstairs and try to clear my head. I carefully got out of bed and headed to the kitchen to have some wine. Probably not the best idea but I definitely needed it. After about half hour I heard the door open and Gracie was standing in the door frame. "Are you okay?" She asked me, "I should be the one asking you that" I chuckled wiping tears from my cheeks. "I know but it's new for you" she told me. "Sweetheart you don't have to worry about me" I said walking over to her. "But your crying" she argued, "of course I'm crying your my baby and you were mistreated, nobody should ever have to go through that. Especially at your age. My sunshine you never deserved it, you know that right?" I asked her, "yeh I guess" she shrugged. "You guess? Baby you didn't, please don't ever blame yourself for what happened" I said my heart shattering. "Come sit" I said moving over to the sofa. "Do you want to talk about it or leave it for now?" I asked her.

Gracie POV:
I knew eventually I'd have to talk about it so I might as-well just get it over with now. "Um I don't really know what to say" I told her truthfully. "Just tell me whatever you feel comfortable with sunshine" Maya told me, "Uhm so it was around two years ago, when I was in the same placement as Harper and it did happen a few times but I just got used to it. He didn't touch Harper but he just used her as a threat if I didn't" I told her putting on a strong face but I think she could see through it. "Oh sweetheart" she said wrapping my arms around me and I laid my head on her chest. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you" I addmitted, "don't be sorry" she said stroking my hair. Her touch was so comforting. "Your safe now sweetheart, you never have to hide anything from me and your mama." She said continuing to run her hands through my hair. "I'm scared mommy" I sobbed letting all my emotions go. "I know sweetheart, you don't need to be. Me and Carina are here to protect you and we'll do everything we can to make sure you and your sister are safe and happy okay?" She asked me, "okay" I said digging my head into her chest. "Try to get some sleep sweetheart, I love you" she said before kissing my forehead, "I love you too" I said letting my eyes rest.
........
Carina POV:
Maya had phoned in sick to work and we were up at 6am drinking coffee in the kitchen. Maya had filled me in on what Gracie had told her last night. "Ugh I'm so stressed" Maya said letting out a deep sigh, "I know bellina, but we will talk to her when she wakes up and we will sort everything out. She's safe and that's all that matters for now so you can relax bambina" I said walking behind her before gently massaging her shoulders. "Oh my god" Maya said before letting out a quiet moan. "shh bambina you can't make those noises when there's nothing I can do about it" I whispered in her ear. "Fine, but I will make as much noise tonight" she shot back, "you do remember we have to kids right?"
......
Gracie POV:
"Morning" I said joining Maya and Carina in the kitchen, "hi bambina, you feeling okay?" Carina asked me, "yeh" I said going over to the fridge and taking out some strawberries. "Bambina we need to ask you something" carina said grabbing my attention so I turned around to face her, "sure" I said. "Do you want us to take legal actions about everything or we do you want to just leave it and just get you support if or when you need it" she asked me. "Please just listen to me when I say this because it might be hard to believe but I'm okay. And I know I didn't seem like I was okay yesterday but that was just because it was the first time I actually told someone. Please can we just forget it because I'm okay, it happened awhile ago and I've learnt to just block it out. Please I don't want to put Harper at risk when there's no need, I'll do more therapy or whatever you want me to do but I'm okay. I promise." I told them. And I wasn't lying. I was okay. "Are you sure?" Maya asked me, "yes I'm sure, please don't worry about me, I'm getting better" I told them. "Okay but I've already booked an appointment with your therapist today" Maya told me, "yeh I guessed that" I chuckled.
.........
Carina POV:
"Harper bambina" I called, "yes mama?" She asked me. "Would you like to go get some ice cream?" I asked her as Maya was at therapy with Gracie. "Ooo yes please mama" she said dramatically, "okay bambina let's get you ready".
........
"What flavour would you like?" I asked her, "hmmm, strawberry" she told me, "can I have 2 strawberry ice creams please?" I asked the woman at the counter, "yes and would you like a phone number with that?" She winked at me, "ah don't think her mom would be happy with that" I chuckled awkwardly. She handed over the ice creams with her number written on the side of my tub, "mama mia" I rolled my eyes at how desperate some people were. "Is it good bambina?" I asked turning my attention towards Harper, "so good mama" she said eating her ice cream like she hadn't been fed in a week, "slow down bambina you'll get brain freeze" I laughed. I picked up my spoon which had icecream on it and dabbed some on the tip of Harpers nose. "mama!" She cutely giggled and I snapped a photo to send to Maya.
.......
(That evening)
Maya POV:
"How was the bambinas therapy?" Carina asked, "she said it went well and the therapist didn't have any worries so it think we're all good". "Ah I'm glad to hear" Carina smiled. "How was your day with Harper?" I asked Carina, "it was good, it was nice to get out with her aswell. Although the ice cream server gave me her number..." she told me. "Oh really?" I asked raising my eyebrows. "Si" she replied keeping eye contact with me. "Well then I guess you can't have all of this" u said pulling off her robe leaving me naked on the bed, "ah... did I mention that her number went straight into the trash bella?" She smirked and her eyes wondered all over my body. "That's what I like to hear" I said getting closer to Carina. "All mine" I added whispering and biting on her earlobe. "All yours" Carina said before joining are lips together.

A/N: updated at 20 to 2, my sleep pattern is absolutely fucked but there we are☺️

One of my longer chapters, hope you enjoyed reading it had to end with some positives!! Also I don't want it to seem like I'm dismissing the whole story line, it will be picked back up just don't want there to be an overload of sad and darkness....

Any thoughts or suggestions always welcome🤍 love ya all