Chapter Nine

Maya POV:
"Oh my gosh" I said reading Harpers file.

                   Harper Davies
- DOB:12th November 2017
- Biological mother Stacy Davies facing life sentence in prison for Abuse, Assault, Robbery and Child Neglect
- Unknown Father
- moved in with her uncle who was abusive and she was later dropped her off at a hospital before he fled the country
- Placed In foster care at one and has been in 7 foster homes and 2 group homes since.
- Abused in several foster homes
- Admitted to hospital on 8 occasions...................

"The poor bambina" Carina said with a tear running down her cheek, I closed the file and wrapped my arms around Carina
and resting my head on her shoulder. Carina stood up a little while later and grabbed my hand leading me upstairs, she quietly opened Harpers door and lifted her up, carrying her into our bed. We both lay either side of her embracing eachothers presence as we all drifted asleep.
.....
Carina POV:
I couldn't sleep. After seeing Harpers file I couldn't. How could I. I look at the time on my phone, it said 2:14am, I slipped out of bed trying not to wake up Maya and Harper. I went downstairs and picked up Harpers file, reading over all her information again and again, starting to cry reading about the trauma she'd been through at such a young age. I started crying more and more, trying to silence my sobs trying not to wake Maya up. "Mama?" I heard a quiet voice say. I quickly wiped my eyes trying to hide the fact I was crying. "Bambina?" I said quietly, she walked over to me and sat on my lap, "you ok?" She said seeing the tears on my cheeks, "mhm I'm fine bambina" I told her. "Don't cry mama" she said laying her head on my chest, "I love you bambina" I told her, "love you too mama" she told me before us both falling asleep together.
.....
Maya POV:
I woke up and reached my arm over expecting to feel Carina and Harper next to me. I sat up not seeing them so I assumed they went downstairs for breakfast. I made my way downstairs and opened the door into the living room where I saw Harper laying on top of Carina, I took a quick photo of them before waking them up. "Mommy?" Harper questioned rubbing her eyes, "good morning beautiful girl" I told her picking her up giving her a hug. "Why don't you go and brush your teeth and your hair so me and mama can make breakfast okay?" I asked her, she nodded her head and skipped upstairs.
"Hi Bella" Carina said sitting up on the sofa. "Seeing you and Harper like that made me fall in love with you all over again" I told her before joining are lips together. "It did huh?" Carina smiled. "I love you" I told her lifting her up and putting my hands around her waist, "I love you more bella" she said pulling me in for another kiss.
.....
"Harper breakfast is ready" Carina shouted upstairs, Harper came downstairs singing her own little song and ran over to me and Carina. "Someones in a good mood" I chuckled. "Si mommy" she told me, "come on then let's have some breakfast" I said to her. She sat in her chair and ate all her French toast that Carina made her. "Good job bella" Carina praised. Harper turned around to face me "Hot chocolate?" She asked, "yes only because you ate all you breakfast sweetheart" I said kissing her cheek, I walked over to Carina, "do you think she asked me for the hot chocolate because she thinks I'll give in easier?" I whispered to Carina, "probably bella, she knows you're less strict than her mama" Carina laughed. "Here you go baby" I said handing her the hot chocolate. "Thankyou" she smiled. "Right I have to get to work I'm afraid, be good for you mama" I said kissing them both on the cheeks, "no mommy!" Harper shouted, "it's okay mommy will be back tonight" I told her giving her a hug, "no stay!" She said as I tried pulling away from here, "Bella... mommy has to go to work, she'll be back tonight" Carina said holding on to her. "No! Mommy!" She shouted again, I turned around at Carina giving her a I don't know what to do look, "it's okay bella just go I've got this" Carina told me, I put on my shoes and unlocked the door, "mommy!" Harper screamed trying to get away from Carina who was pulling her back, "Mommy! Mommy!" She kept shouting louder kicking trying to get away from Carina, "Harper stop it" I heard Carina say as I walked out the door. I walked over to my car and heard the door slam open and saw that Harper had run out of the house. "Harper!" I shouted, followed by Carina running after her managing to grab ahold of her.
Carina POV:
"Bella stop kicking" I told her as Maya walked out the door. "Mommy!" She screamed again, she managed to jump out my arms and run out the door, luckily she was only 4 so I managed to catch her before she ran onto the street. I quickly picked her up and brought her inside the house, locking the front door behind us. "No No!" She screamed throwing her arms and legs around trying to get away. "Harper stop" I said carrying her through the house, I put her down on the sofa and she ran to the front door again trying to open the door. "Ah ah Harper cut it out!" I snapped at her. "Mommy" she said crying hanging onto the door handle. "Harper come here now" I said in a firm voice, she walked over to me and looked down at the floor sniffling. "You can't run out on to the street like that Harper." I told her seriously. "But M-mommy" she cried. "That is no excuse to run out onto the street! Bambina you could've gotten hurt!" I told her. She just continued looking down at the floor. "Bambina promise me you won't do it again" I said "ok promise" she whispered. "Good girl come here" I said hugging her, "but you know you don't get to go park today now, what you did was still naughty bambina." I told her guiltily knowing that me and Maya had put these rules in place for a reason. "Okay" she said sadly. "Sorry mama" she told me, "it's okay bella, I love you" i said kissing her forehead, "love you mama" she said sitting on the sofa.

A/N: bit of a longer chapter today, I have a few ideas for some chapters in the future to spice the story up:) hope you have enjoyed reading the story so far!