Chapter Twenty One

2 weeks later:
Maya POV:
"Gracie! Get ready quick, we need to be at your school in 30 minutes." I shouted upstairs.
A few minutes later Gracie came downstairs ready for her first day of school. "Look at you bambina" Carina winked. "You nervous baby?" I asked her handing her some toast and a glass of water. "A little bit, I'll be okay tho". She said before taking a bite of Carinas French toast, "mhmm this is amazing Mama- uh Carina, thankyou." Making Carina blush. "Okay let's go sweetheart" i said grabbing my keys. "Bye bambina, have a good day" carina said hugging Gracie.

Gracie POV:
"And we're here..." Maya said pulling up outside the school. "You will be okay sweetheart" she said hugging me. "Thanks, Bye maya" I said opening the car door and stepping outside. I looked at my timetable, biol. I was in a new school making me 100x more nervous as I don't know anyone and I have no idea where I was going. The bell went and I made my way around the school looking for my class. I was walking around aimlessly when I bumped into someone. "Oh sorry" I said turning around to see a girl with long wavy dark hair and brown eyes, "it's okay no worries, you new here?" She asked me. "Yeah, I'm Gracie." I said introducing myself, "Aurora, nice to meet you" she smiled. "You looking for a class?" She added, "um yeah" I said showing her my timetable, "your kidding, I'm heading there as well. Come on follow me" she said walking.
We both walked to a class and found a seat next to each other at the back. "So how come your new here?" She asked me. "Oh it's a long story, I'm living with new foster parents so this school was closer to my last and I wanted a fresh start anyways" I replied. "Gosh that's brave, I'd be too scared to move schools" she told me surprised. "I don't mind" I said. "We'll you have a new friend now" she said with a smile, "do you have a phone I can put my number in and we could hang out sometime?" I handed over my phone that Maya and Carina got me and she put her number in, texting it so that she would have mine aswell. "All done" she said handing my phone back. "Thankyou" I said, "do you want to have lunch with me and my friends today?" She asked, "oh that would be great, thanks aurora" I told her. "No worries, I'll find you later".
.........
I was sitting in Math class when the bell for lunch went off. I had a text from aurora. "Hey meet me in the cafeteria for lunch" the text read, "okay, on my way" I typed back. I made my way to the cafeteria and saw aurora with sitting with some other people, i nervously walked over and joined them. "Everyone this is Gracie" she said introducing me, "this is Jake", pointing to a boy with brown hair, "Clara" she said pointing to a girl with dirty blonde hair and freckles, "tony and Blake" she said pointing to two boys with blonde hair. "Hey everyone" I said back. We all had lunch together which was actually better than I expected, I was involved in the conversations and we were all having a laugh and messing around together. We all went our separate way to our last class for the day.
.....
Maya POV:
I was at the school waiting for Gracie to come when I saw her walk out laughing and joking around with a group of people making me smile. She waved goodbye to them and got in the car. "Who were they?" I asked smiling, "my friends" she replied, "so how was your day?" I asked her, "actually really good, I made friends with this girl called Aurora and then I had lunch with her and her friends, their all really nice." She said happily. "I'm so glad you enjoyed sweetheart" I said hugging her tightly. "I really missed you and mam- Carina 'crap' she said under her breathe. "Baby listen to me, you can call me and Carina your moms. We had noticed you been saying it a bit recently and it's totally okay with us. We love you so much and we are your moms." I told her, "really?" She said with a tear roll down her cheek, "of course" I said kissing her forehead. "Come on let's go home" I said turning the car on.
.....
Gracie POV:
"Harper!" I shouted as I walked through the door. "She ran over to me and I picked her up holding her tightly. "Hi bambina, how was your day?" Carina asked me, "really good! I made new friends are there super nice" I said excitedly. "Awh bambina, I'm so happy to hear that. Come here I want a cuddle" she said opening her arms wide. I walked over and embraced myself into her arms, "Um I wanted to ask you something..." I said nervously. "Can I call you mama? Maya said I can call her mom but I wanted to check if it was okay with you" I asked her. "Nothing would make me happier" she said squeezing me tightly, "cant- breathe" I joked laughing.
"Movie tonight?" I asked her. "Of course" Carina replied.

A/N: happy Halloween! I absolutely loved writing this chapter!! I have a few ideas that I'm exited to write so I might fit another update in today.... Hope you enjoyed it <33