Chapter Seven

Maya POV:
Me and Harper were cuddled on the sofa, the film had almost finished when there was a noise at the door. Carina walked through the door and put down her bag.
"mama!" Harper quickly ran over and jumped into Carinas arms. "Ciao my bambinas, I missed you both so much she said pressing kisses over Harpers face making her giggle. "Shall we order takeout?" I asked them "yes yes yes please!!!" Harper shouted, "si bella, Chinese food?"  Carina asked me, "perfect" I said placing a soft lips on her lips.
......
"Foods here" I shouted upstairs were Carina and Harper were. no reply. "Hello? Foods ready!" I repeated. Still nothing. I walked upstairs and saw Harper  with her head over the toilet and Carina holding her hair while rubbing her back.
"Sorry bella, she was a little sick."
"Awhh baby are you okay?" I sympathetically asked her. "Sorry" she quietly replied. "What are you sorry for bambina, everyone gets sick, it's okay" Carina softly said the Harper.
"Come on let's get you cleaned up" I told her wiping her mouth.
.....
"There we go all better" I said putting on her pyjamas. "You feeling okay?" I asked her, "warm" she replied. I lifted her up and took her downstairs and laid her down on the sofa. "Here sweetheart, I'm just going to check your temperature okay?" I told her putting the thermometer in her ear. "Your a little warm baby, open wide" I told her holding a spoon of medicine next to her mouth. She happily opened her mouth and scrunched her face at the taste. "Do you want anything to eat sweetie" I asked her, she shook her head and snuggled into the sofa, "is it okay if me and mama eat our food?" "Si" she replied, "clever girl" I told her kissing her head and putting brave on the Tv.
........
Carina POV:
"Here you go bambina" I said placing the plate of Chinese food in front of Maya.
"Thankyou" she said kissing my cheek.
"Poor bambina" I said looking over at Harper on the sofa. "I know she's had a rough day today" maya frowned. "Did you get a chance to ring the social worker?" I Asked.
"Yes she said that she will drop the file down tomorrow, she said it's a lot so we should prepare ourselves, I'm really nervous what's in there." Maya said looking down.
"I know, we can't change her past. Hopefully this will help us understand her better and how to go around certain things. All that matters is that she's safe and happy with us now." I told her trying to make her feel better. "I know, she just really freaked out today and wouldn't tell me what happened. It just has me worried" Maya told me, "Want me to talk to her? See if she will tell me?" I asked swirling my noodles around my fork. Maya nodded her head and we finished our food. We both walked back into the living room and Maya went upstairs to take a shower. "Hi mama" she said with a little smile, "hi bambina, how are you feeling?" I asked her. "Better" she said, "I'm glad to hear that" i smiled sitting down next to her. "You know you can always talk to me and mommy if something is wrong bambina?" I added. She nodded her head and snuggled into my chest. "Your mommy told me you went to the station today?" "mhm" she replied. "Do you want to tell me what happened bambina?" I said lifting her up on my lap to face me. She shrugged her shoulders and started playing with my tshirt. "I got scared" she blurted out. "Why were you scared bambina?" I asked her softly not wanting to make her feel pressured.
"Men scary" she told me, "do you know my men are scary to you?" I asked her wanting to get something a bit more out of her, "they hit" she said burying her head in my chest. "Oh bambina shhh" I said running my hands through her hair hearing her begin to cry. "Bella look at me" I told her, "look at mama" I repeated when she didn't move, she sat up and I wiped the tears off her cheek with my thumb. "It's okay, nobody will ever hurt you again my girl. I promise"