Chapter Six

Maya POV:
"Good morning sweetheart" I said to Harper as she tiredly walked into me and Carinas room.
"Hi" she replied cutely rubbing her eyes and stepping into bed.
"So I was thinking, how would you like to come down to the station and meet some people today?" I asked her. She nodded her head in reply and snuggled between me and Carina.
......
"Get your shoes Harper!" I shouted from the kitchen, "here mommy" she said handing over her shoes to me so I could put them on for her. "Thankyou baby, you exited to meet everyone today?" I asked her putting on her shoes. "They nice?" She asked me "yes sweetheart, I'm sure you will love them."
We walked to the car holding hands and i put her in her car seat. We arrived at the station a few minutes later, "we're here" I said excitedly. I took Harper out the car and we made our way to the entrance. "Ready?" I asked her, she nodded her head and we walked inside, we were instantly greeted by Andy and Vic.
"hey guys this is Harper who I told you about, Harper baby these are my bestfriends Andy and Vic" I told her.
"Hi mija" Andy said smiling, "Hey beautiful girl, we've heard so many good things about you" Vic told her, "hi" she shyly replied. "Would you like some juice Harper?" Andy asked her, she nodded her head and we all headed up to the Beanery. We walked in and Dean, Travis and Gibson were sitting down, I felt Harper clutch onto my arm as she started to panic, I picked her up on my hip. "You okay?" I asked her, she shook her head and dug her head into my neck, "me and Harper are going to go into my office for a second guys" I told them. I carried Harper down to my office and sat her in my chair while I kneeled down next to her. "Are you okay sweetheart" I asked concerned, "scary" she said beginning to cry, "man, scary" she said again. "Okay okay sweetheart it's okay, those men aren't mean or scary okay? They will never hurt you baby, they are nice men" I said trying to reassure her. "Do you want to go home for today sweetheart?" I asked, she nodded her head still sniffling. "Okay come on, let's go home" I said picking her up. I called Andy and explained what happened, "okay that's fine, see you next week bishop, bye bye mija" she said while waving at Harper, we got into the car when Harper asked "mommy?" "Yes baby?" I questioned, what's "mi-ha" she said trying to copy Andy, "it's Spanish baby" I told her. "Hm" she just replied.

We got home and Harper was having a nap upstairs so I decided to call Carina and fill her in what happened today.

"Ye so then we just left, I don't know why she was so scared of them, she was fine with Andy and Vic"

"It's probably something to do with her past, we should call her social worker to get her file, we didn't even see it when we started fostering her. At least that way we can see if there's a particular reason and then we can go from there."

"Okay I'll talk to her when she wakes up and then I'll call the social worker later"

"Okay bye bella, I love you"

"I love you more"
....
"Social worker?" I heard a quite voice say, I looked up and saw Harper standing by the door. I quickly got up and went over to her, i crouched beside here.
"It's okay sweetheart nobody's taking you" I told her knowing she is thinking the worst.
"Bu-uuttt" she said stuttering, begging to cry.
"Come sit down baby" I said picking her up and putting her in the sofa.
"I promise you sweetheart your not going anywhere okay?" She nodded her head in reply. "Baby, you don't have to but do you want to tell me why you were scared of the men?" I asked softly holding her hands, she quickly shook her head and jumped into my chest. "Okay okay, it's okay, do you want to watch a film sweetheart? Mama will be home soon aswell" I told her hoping that it would lighten her mood. "yes please" she replied.

A/N- sorry I haven't updated in a few days, I'll try my best to get another update  done today as this was only a short one. Hope you are enjoying the story so far! :)