Baking a Cake

Littlespace Oneshot!

Stuart went over to the kitchen preheated the oven and took a box out of a cabinet. He set it down on the counter and walked over to Murdoc who was playing with one of his stuffies.

He kneeled down to where Murdoc was playing on the living room floor and ruffled his hair. "Hi little one, do you wanna help me with something?" Murdoc raised his head up to look up at Stuart. "Okie dada,I wanna help!" Stuart smiled and stood up and offered his hand out. Murdoc took his hand and held onto it. "Dada what we gonna do?" Stuart smirked to himself. "You'll see little one."

They walked to the kitchen. "I feel like baking, and Id like your help. Would you wanna bake a cake with me little one?" Murdoc's eyes lit up and he gasped. "I can help dada!" Stuart smiled at him and nodded. "Alright then, can you go get two eggs out of the fridge?" Murdoc nodded and walked over to the fridge to get the eggs while Stuart grabbed a bowl out of another cabinet and a measuring cup and vegetable oil. Murdoc walked back to Stuart and placed the two eggs on the counter carefully. "Here you go dada!" Stuart smiled at him. "Good job! Hold this bowl for me steady alright?" Murdoc nodded and held onto the bowl as Stuart poured the box of cake mix into the bowl carefully. "Good job dada!" Murdoc took his hands off the bowl and hugged Stuart. Murdoc hugged him. Stuart hugged him back and kissed the top of his head. Murdoc giggled and sighed happily. Stuart picked up the measuring cup and went to the sink and filled up a cups worth of water and set it on the counter. "You can pour the water in little one." Murdoc reached over and picked up the water and poured it into the cake mix carefully and set the measuring cup down.

Then, Stuart opened up the vegetable oil and poured a half cups worth of it into the cup. Murdoc then picked up the cup and poured it t into the bowl. Murdoc tugged on Stuart's shirt. "Dada?" Stuart turned to Murdoc. "Yes little one?" Murdoc smiled shyly. "I like helping dada.. I like helping you" Stuart swore he felt his heart melt at Murdoc's words. "You're a good helper little one!" He smiled. Stuart picked up an egg and cracked it into the bowl. The timer went off meaning the oven was preheat and ready to bake. "Wanna crack the last egg for me ?" Murdoc nodded. "Yes pwease dada!" Stuart handed Murdoc the egg and Murdoc cracked it into the bowl. "I did it dada!" He clapped his hands happily. "You did little one yay!" Stuart replied. "Now time to mix it dada?" Stuart nodded and grabbed a mixing spoon and handed it to Murdoc. "Here you can mix it together little one." Murdoc squealed and took the mixing spoon and started mixing it together. Stuart grabbed a pan and sprayed it with non-stick spray.

Murdoc looked over at Stuart. "Dada I fink I finish, did I do a good job?" He asked a little unsure of himself. Stuart looked in the bowl to see the batter. He smiled and looked at Murdoc. "Yes little one! You did great!" Murdoc giggled and clapped his hands. "Fank yew dada!" Murdoc went and sat at the table in the kitchen. Stuart poured the cake batter into pan as Murdoc watched from the table.

Once it was all poured into the pan, he put the bowl in the sink and put the pan into the oven and set it for the amount of time it had to cook. Stuart sighed to himself and smiled as he walked over to Murdoc. "Wanna snuggle with dada as we wait for the cake to be done?" He asked Murdoc. Murdoc blushed and got out of the chair and walked over to the couch with Stuart. Stuart sat down and Murdoc sat in his lap and snuggled into him. "I wuv you dada." Murdoc whispered. "I wuv you too little one." Stuart whispered back.

A/N: You figure the cake was ready and they let it cool and then they decorated it. I was too lazy to write that in detail lol. So this chapter was inspired by this cake I made a little while ago. It's vanilla, in case you were wondering. I hope you enjoyed! Have a good day/night!! ~A