16. Don't be worried

Začít od začátku

“Tom,” I hear Princess talk to me from across the field. “We are all set now.”

“Okay,” I answer her shortly and give one last grin to the crowd before I head back to the others.

Alpha Eon is shaking with fear next to my sister, but I can’t feel one bit sorry for the fate she must go through. I have held too many executions and it is time for this Alpha to grow up and understand how the world works. She can’t live sealed off from the world as a queen and only care about her own laws. The whole Werewolf Law is something that she needs to learn to respect. This is her punishment for not taking it seriously. She brought this on herself.

Princess heads out to talk to the whole crowd and I take my position next to the man who ruined my sisters’ lives. I’m ready to drag him out there when I’m given the signal. I’d like to beat the shit out of him myself, but who in my family wouldn’t?

I look deep into the man’s eyes and he still doesn’t look one tiny bit sorry. He looks almost happy and content with the situation. I guess I’d be happy too if I as given a chance to reunite with my mate in the afterlife.

*

“Kate!”

Something stings my cheek and I blink furiously a few times before I’m taken back to the wood I was walking in with Mary and Leanne. My world is spinning and I raise my hand weakly to press it to my face. I moan and fall down to the ground, not only because I was hit by my own sister.

Jupiter shows up out of thin air and catches me before I hit the ground. He helps me down and I lean back towards him with a small sigh. I sense the anger he feels towards Mary and I feel slightly shocked that he can feel angry. I have never seen him angry and I have known him for many years. He must be really upset if he feels like this towards his own mate.

“Do not hit her again,” he tells her firmly and jealousy shines in Mary’s eyes as she looks at Jupiter holding me.

“She just disappeared,” she explains herself. “It was like she wasn’t even here!”

“She wasn’t here,” he tells her calmly and rocks me gently. “How are you feeling Kate?”

“Dizzy, but you already know that,” I whisper confused over the experience of being inside my brother’s head for a few minutes.

“Your Spirit has grown stronger since you got here. It will keep growing. That’s why you experience all these new things.”

“Good to know,” I groan, hoping I never have to look into any of my family member’s brains again.

Still, feeling the mate bond Tom has towards Leanne is quite interesting. The mate bond is different if you know them since childhood. I wish I felt like that towards Adam, but I just melt to a pool on the ground every time I see him and when he touches me. The adoration Tom feels towards his mate is so sweet.

“I didn’t mean to hurt her,” Mary pouts which earns her more anger from my Spirit.

“You had no right!” he growls at her and I grab his arm in a try to calm him down.

“It’s alright,” I tell them.

“It’s not alright,” Jupiter protests angrily and I know that it is both for the baby’s sake and the fact that he’s a peaceful Spirit from the Rosalea Island. At least he was.

Mary’s lip starts shaking and I can even feel her heart skip a few beats. She’s crushed that her mate is going against her when she only tried to help me out of my zombie like state. I don’t want her mate to be angry and too hard on her. She’s sick after all, much sicker than I am or ever will be.