Once she took his hand, their lives would burn a blue fire of chaos. No turning back, nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. And with that, she took his hand.

She knew she was playing with fire, as did he. They both knew deep down, that this would end in flames. But revenge clouded the smoke. They both knew, it was Too Late to Say Goodbye.

Rain's POV:

"May hell be lit", his hand left mine, I grinned. "Don't go falling in love with me", I stood up, he walked beside me.

"I don't do love", he opened the door for me, "Glad we're on the same page". "Let me take you home", we stood in the center of the empty sidewalk.

"I'll walk", I turned and made my way home, "See you tomorrow Rain", I looked back at him once more, he was getting into an old black mustang. I shook my head and looked ahead of me.

I unlocked the door to my shitty apartment and threw my keys on the counter. "What a night", I yawned and rubbed my face. I threw myself on my bed, to exhausted to change or shower. I drifted off into sleep instantly.

My mother was holding my sister and I, sobs escaping her lips. I was 10, she was 8. My father was rambling on about something as the fire grew in our house.

"STOP THIS YAGI!! LET US GO!!", my mom cried out. My eyes were wide with fear, my little sister crying next to me. "YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME!", he yelled at us, I flinched.

"IF I DON'T HAVE MY FAMILY I HAVE NOTHING!!", my dad grabbed my mother, her grip on us slipping as he dragged her.

"YAGI PLEASE- NOT IN FRONT OF THE GIRLS!!", my mom cried out in pain.

"MOMMY!!", Light sobbed, "MOM!!", I held my little sister. "YOU WANNA TRY AND RUN AWAY?? THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS!!", my dad threw my mom into the flames, "NOOOOO!!", I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"MAMA!!!", my sister escaped my grip and ran into the flames. "LIGHT NO!!!", I chased after her, but she faded into the fire.

I held my hand to grab hers, the flames burning my pale skin, I cried out in pain. "RAIN!!", she grabbed my hand, I reached for her. "LIGHT!!", her hand slipped from mine and she fell into the flames.

Fear in my eyes as I watched her be engulfed by the flames. My hand burning from the fire.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!!", I looked at my father, regret in his eyes. "Come here honey", he approached me, "GET AWAY FROM ME!!", I shot up and threw a knife, hitting his arm, "FUCK!".

I ran to the door and felt him grab my shirt, stopping me. "YOU LITTLE BRAT!", he held my throat and cut my face, "AHH!!", I cried out in pain. "You can't leave me", his eyes widened with insanity, the reflection of the flames in his eyes.

"Let go of me!!", I dug my nails into his arm, his grip released.

I shot up in bed, gasping loudly, my heart beating out of my chest. I leaned forward and ran my hands through my hair, trying to get control of my breathing.

I woke up from this nightmare every night since the fire. That night haunted me for 12 years now.

I held my scarred hand, my eyes burning with tears remembering the cries of my little sister that I couldn't save.

My mothers face before she was burned alive in front of me. I couldn't escape these dark memories, my past.

I showered, hoping it would make me feel better. I sat on my bed, staring at the photo of my mother, sister, and I. "I'm so sorry", my voice cracked. I exhaled deeply and got ready for work.

I walked into the diner, the sun just about to rise. "Mornin' Rain", Sam said, "Hey Sam", I yawned.

I started to open the diner, making sure all the tables were clean, and the coffee was made.