Chapter 8: I promise

Start from the beginning

"Wha—" Too late.

Using everything I had, I release my strongest [Magic Arrow] but before I could fire it, I felt something wrong...Bawler never reacted to the pain of having both of his knees being shot.

"...!"

A heavy fist hit me in the stomach so hard that I nearly coughed up blood.

"Ooof!" Bawler swiped his arms against me, second flying back against a wall. I was caught off guard and he was able to recover quickly.

"How is this possible?"

Bawler stood up but this time not even acknowledging the two gaping holes in his knees.

"How are you even standing!?"

"Jihahahaha, my Sacred Gear is the strongest! I feel no pain! Now you die human!"

This time his charge attack was much faster than before, I could barely dodge it in time. A sickening crack sounded from my left arm, "Fuck!"

My left side was caught up and pretty sure I felt something break.

The beast was quickly upon me again, this time stomping me to the ground with his feet.

Bam!

Bam!

Bam!

Bam!

Bam!

He continued to strike me in the chest, causing me to sink deeper into the concrete, creating a small crater around me.

'At this rate, I'm going to die crushed!'

I was grateful for the armour once more, as well as the fact that he didn't go for my head.

'Thank god he's not that smart.'

Just as he was preparing to smash me with his fists this time. I recovered enough to counterattack.

'Sona never mentioned any sacred gear! But if he has one, it must be in the brain since it blocks out pain.'

I was desperate for it to work, the same fear and anger I had experienced years ago came back. My will at its absolute strongest, I summoned the black pauldron again, with the violet gem in the middle shining in an intense light!

[Delete Field] [Restrict]

.

.

.

"...?"

.

.

.

This time, a way smaller sphere formed around the head of Bawler. I used my ability to its absolute limit, pushing my body beyond what it was capable of. And it seemed to have worked as Bawler suddenly couldn't stand anymore and cried in pain.

"AAAAAAAHHH! PAIN! PAIN! MAKE IT GO WAY SACRED GEAR! MAKE IT GO AWAY! GOAWAYGOAWAYGOAWAY—Hurk!"

I gathered my remaining scraps of energy and fired off my last [Magic Arrow] , and I fired it between his eyes, killing him instantly.

'Take that you Hulk wannabe.'

Boom!

Bawler's corpse fell with a loud crash, leaving me as the winner of the battle.

As my spells and sacred gear faded away, I stood on my spot relaxing my nerves. It didn't help that my reserves were now dry and my body was now sore and broken in some places.