Chapter 16

I'm sat on my sofa with a blanket burying me, a mug of hot chocolate in my hand and my phone in the other. The fire is dimly lit and outside snow is falling.
Christmas eve, a time spend with family. Well Summer you don't got any.
My phone dings signalling a snapchat from Lily.
I open it up to see a picture of her christmas tree. I put mine up the other day with Kelly, and I also have a small one in my bedroom where I am now. My fairy lights are all on and they spread across the ceiling, which is black making them stand out even more. I chug down my choclate and go to get in bed when i hear a tapping on my window. I open the window and a small barn owl flies in with a letter in his beak. Taking the letter and closing the window after the owl flies out, i recognise the writing as Sirius's.

To summer,
How're your holidays going? Mine are terrible I don't want to complain too much but we had a family reunion and I hate my family. anyway I had a favour to ask. I was wondering if I could spend the last two or three days with you? It's the only time I can escape my family. James, Remus and Peter are all too busy to have me. reply to me soon as you can and if you can could you get me from the park by my house on the 8th? Let me know
Sirius.

I write down a reply and send it off with Carly. Then I get into my bed. surrounding myself with pillows, blanket and teddies. I stare out the window at the head of bed until my eyes begin to droop and I slip into a sweet slumber.

Walking down the stairs I smell the lovely smell of pancakes and waffles.
YUM!
After devouring the waffles and pancakes, Kelly and I head into the lounge to open gifts.
I can lots of disney films off Lily, and assortment of chocolates and candy off Peter. Remus got me books, muggle and wizarding and James got me little things like headphones, stickers and nice photo frame with a picture of us In It. Aww.
But off Sirius I got what I think is my favourite thing ever.
A big thick book called:
A basic guide to the muggle life.
OH MY MERLIN!!
this is amazing!!! And useful!!
I have a big smile on my face for the rest of what is the best first christmas ever!!
The days pass by quickly with me mainly watching DVDs and reading books and playing board games.
It's 2:10 and I'm late for picking up Sirius. I apperate and am envious of Sirius immediately. Hardly any snow. Why can't it not snow so much where I live?
Looking around for him, I lost him sat on a bench looking lonely.
I sit down next to him, melting the snow away form me.

"I thought you wouldn't come."

"Of course I would, I just didn't realise the time that's all."

"Shall we leave then?" I stand up and offer him my hand, as soon as I know he's holding on i apperate away. I always apperate onto my driveway afraid I might land on Kelly if apperate inside the house.

"Wow."

I admit my house is a bit big for only two people staying there for the majority of the time, but I spent 13 years in a cell can you blame me?

It's a 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom house complete with a big kitchen diner, a big lounge, an office and a garage where I keep boxes of stuff. The office is locked 24/7 and I and only I know what is in there. It's nothing special a grand piano in the middle of the room but the walls are covered in pictures and I just like that room to be private.

Pushing the big oak door open, I let Sirius in then close it behind me. Hanging our coats I lead him into the main lounge where I have the chess game I was playing earlier still set up.

"Would you like a game?"

"Go on then."

We end up playing till the early hours of the morning, the fire going out a bit more every hour we play.
We end up sleeping on the sofas, too tired to clone the stairs.

Next morning when I go into the kitchen Sirius is already there sipping on a cup of tea. I'm not dressed yet still only in my shorts and tank top and its cold. I create a ball of fire in my hands to keep me warm.

"Doesn't that hurt you?"

"No. It only ever hurts if I want it to hurt but even then It won't hurt me."

"So what does it feel like if you don't want it to hurt?"

"It's a tickling sensation, want to try?" He hesitates.

"I told you it doesn't hurt unless I want it to, give me your hand." I grab his hand and put my fire into his hands.

"Haha it tickles!!"

"I told you!"

Putting the fire out all together I grab my coffee and head up to my room to change. I hear Sirius following me.
"Where are you going?"

"To get dressed."

"Okay."

"Okay."

He goes into his room while I carry on up the other flight of stairs to my room.

I put on a jumper I got from Kelly and just a pair of wooly leggings and my bunny slippers. yeah I have bunny slippers.
The train leaves tomorrow and school starts again on the 11th.

Great.