Chapter 58

I decide to make my walk to the pitch a slow one, and i put some music on for effect. So i'm now in 'the order' and i'm not allowed to tell anyone.

That's easy enough to understand.

Still, if i'm not actually going out on 'missions' or whatever then i'm just joining in conversation. My mind might be good but it's not amazing like Albus's. 

Shoving my hands into my pockets, i lowly sing along to the music.

Charlie is practicing on his hitting, as he is a beater,  and warns me to keep clear. Yeah right i'm going to join in.

I quickly shape a broom from a twig and  fly up to meet him.

"Can i play with you, this is the only time i can?"

"Yeah, what broom is that?"

"I just made it from an old twig nothing special."

"Right, well 'make' yourself a bat and get over the other side."

"Okay, bossy."

"Heard that."

I roll my eyes as i fly to the other side.

"You were supposed to."

It's a bit hard to put all your strength into hitting when you're sat so i stand instead.

After about ten minutes of this, Charlie calls for a break so i fly over.

Still standing, because it's like air skateboarding.

"I can't hit as hard as you, if you keep me standing then i can copy your position."

"Of course, i'd never let you fall boo."

"Great, let's go!"

He slowly stands and almost falls a few times, but i got him safely in my grasp.

That sounds a bit weird.

We continue our game of basically just hitting the ball at each other, and soon it starts to get dark.

But we're having too much fun to be bothered, and i keep the pitch alight with little balls of light flying around.

We took a few Polaroids before deciding to head in and get cleaned up before we go to hogsmeade.  In my dorm, i jump in the shower, washing my hair and cleaning my body. I shove on my pajamas as i'm not bothered what i look like, put my hair in a pony tail and grab my camera and phone.

It's raining so i grab my umbrella and we make  our way to the entrance hall.

Pulling the hood of my onesie up, i hand Charlie my umbrella and sauntered out the door.

"You know, i don't think Sirius will appreciate it if i let you get a cold."

"But if i'm sick, he can cuddle me and bring me ice cream."

"I don't care, you know as i far as i'm concerned you could be as fine as a fiddle and he'd still do those things."

"Why?"

"Because he's whipped for you, in class where you're not sat next to each other all his focus is on you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, he looks at you as if you're his whole world."

"Cheesy."

"But true."

my smile slowly grows and i try hide it, but i'm sure Charlie can tell by the way i look away.

Sirius really is whipped.

Like me.

We stand next to Hagrid and have a lovely conversation about the Thestrals as we wait. 

It's a bit messed up how we can all see them but it is what it is.

"How much longer do you think they'll be?"

"I think i can see a light in the horizon."

I look down the track and he's right, the light is getting bigger as i get's closer.

Might as well take a picture while i can.

We soon find James and the others are, obviously, with him.

I hug them all, getting them drenched and grumpy. Laughing at Remus's face i twist around to engulf Sirius.

"I've missed you."

"I've missed you too."

"Missed you more."

"Missed you most."

Kissing his cheek as i pull away, i turn to Peter only to be tackled by Lily.

"Annoying carrot!!"

"Hello, darling how are you?"

"Fine fine, missed our beautiful morning shower duets but i coped."

"I'll make that up to you, anyway i'll see you at the feast."

She goes off with, ugh Marlene.

She loves me more bitch.

"Why do you hate Marlene so much."

"Peter, no don't ask that."

"Peter, there are so many reasons i don't particularly like her. But as i'm tired i won't tell you today."

"Okay?"

James mutters a 'thank god' so i shoot him a glare.

Charlie says quietly "I'd be careful, i'm sporting a killer bruise from her hitting a bludger at me."

"What were you doing?"

"We were just hitting one around after her meeting with McGonagall, and i don't advise saying 'you hit like a girl' because she'll hit you and then say 'you scream like a girl'."

They laugh and i smirk at him, hitting him on the bruised arm and smirk more when he winces.

"Lesson learned yes?"

"Yep."

"Good."

I walk away, my smirk still in place.

"Who would've thought that a girl wearing Star Wars pajamas could look intimidating?"

"Not me."

"Me neither, but i'm not complaining."

"You wouldn't."

"What are you trying to say?"

"She could be wearing a bin bag, and you'd still think she was a goddess. Because you're whipped."

"I'm not whipped!"

"Yes you are."

"Yeah well you like-"

I spin around to see Charlie covering Sirius's mouth and the others looking scared.

"You like someone?"

"Uh-no?"

"You do! Who is it?"

"N-no one."

I narrow my eyes at them and slowly and intimidatingly stalk towards him.

It makes me feel triumphant when he visibly gulps.

"Charlie, honey, you've known me since i was thirteen. I've let you kiss me to find out if you were gay. You can tell me yourself, me who you trust completely. Or i can look myself?"

"If i tell you, promise you won't try set me up? Just for now, i'd like to look from afar."    

"Sure."

He whispers it in my ear and at first i don't know who he means.

But then, it sinks in.

And holy shit, i hope this doesn't end in heartbreak.