Chapter 41- The truth

You walked aggressively, your red heels making a cankling sound whenever you moved.

"Where are you taking me now?" The guy you've been dragging along with you without his consent asked in a rather bored tone. The elegant wine glass in his hands was still with red-colored wine in it.

The wine looked as if it's blood. So red, so pure. No one would even be surprised if they saw a wine glass filled with blood in Levi's hands. Ah, Levi, the vampire is just enjoying some blood or something like that they would say.

You stopped your movement and released him from your grip, looking at him. Levi raised a brow at your attitude. Just a moment ago, the two of you were about to make out in front of a whole crowd and now you are acting like this.

"What's wrong now?" The ravenette asked with a sigh, already wanting to go back to the dance hall.

"Who are you?" Your tone was nothing like he has ever heard from you before. It wasn't your sweet-seductive one nor was it a sappy kind of tone. It was just questioning and tired kind of tone. As if you are exhausted from everything.

"Did you have too much to drink? Wanna go back to the HQ?" He sarcastically said, bringing his one hand closer to your face, trying to cup your cheeks or brush your hair away. However, you were not in the mood as you just pushed his hand away without removing your gaze from his eyes.

"Levi I'm serious." You put his hand away and looked at him with a serious kind of gaze he never thought he would see on you. He just stayed silent at your words and continued looking at you with no expression but a whole lot kind of expressions at the same time.

"What do you want?" His gaze never wavered from yours for even a moment as if everything was in those two eyes of each other.

"Answers."

He leaned back on the wall, bringing the wine to his lips and gulping one sip. "Ask."

Goodness...you hated it.

You hated how his small things like this make you want to fall for him again.

How his small gestures and natural things make you want to get intimate with him even when you are in such a sour mood.

You hated it.

You hated how much he makes you feel vulnerable.

And what you hate more than that is the doubt in yourself that you won't be able to let go of him even if what you think is right.

"Levi...no...dark face." His eyes flinched for a moment, which didn't go unnoticed by you. You got your answer, you found it.

But...why?

Why do you want to ask once more?

Why do you wish you are wrong even if everything says you're right?

Why do you want your ego to be crushed just this once?

"Are you...dark face?" These words somehow shakingly came out of your mouth. Your hands were clenched and shaking. Your lips were quivering.