Chapter- 25 Back to the walls

The fresh breeze of freedom running through her hairs. She on top of a horse, heading towards the walls. Her long (h/c) hair dancing in the air, while her face held a small smile. Any male who would look at her right now was sure to think that she was some kind of angel, some goddess, blessed with eternal beauty.

Her eyes looking straight to the walls, and she couldn't define her happiness. Sure she liked it outside the walls. It felt free. It felt like she wasn't someone's puppet anymore. But she was also glad to get inside the walls for now. After seeing her comrades die. After seeing pools of blood around her.

She was happy to leave this heaven like hell.

But it wasn't what she expected after coming back inside the walls.

She expected people to respect them for dangering their lives for humanity. She expected people to shed tears and feel joyous after their return.

But......

It wasn't like that at all.

People were glaring at them. Their faces showed how much they hated the scouts. how much they despised them. And how much they wanted the scouts to be gone.

She shrugged it all off and followed her squad.

......No one......

........No one felt happy inside........

......Their faces were down......

The wounded... The dead...... The still alive........

All their faces matched.

While the alive should be glad that they came home safely.....

While the wounded should be glad that at least they didn't die......

.......They were all gloomy.....

Y/n just sighed and followed everyone until they were at the mansion. With the Levi squad and the Hanji squad.

"We will be on rest for the next 5 days. Petra and Oluo will go to the original headquarters to report the mission after some hours and will return tomorrow." Levi snapped everyone out of their zones and they nodded.

Ah...right. I need to apologize for what I said back then. How can you be so dumb y/n?

She sighed and decided to say sorry to him at the moment, but shrugged it off once she felt Petra's gloomy face.

"What is it Petra?" She put a hand on Petra's shoulder and asked her with a small smile.

Petra sighed and motioned y/n to come inside her room.

"Carla.....I know something happened at the expedition with you and the higher-ups. Now, care to explain to me what?" She crossed her arms in front of her and looked at y/n with a stern expression.

"Oh my goodness. My smartass bestie." Y/n gave a huge grin and earning another sigh from the ginger-haired lady in front of her.

"Fine fine. They know about me." Y/n answered with a small and careless smile as nothing happened. While Petra was currently on the verge of losing herself.

"THEY WHAT??!!"

"They found me while I was eavesdropping on them. And oh- you won't believe me Petra, but they already suspected me." Y/n let out a small chuckle.

"How can you be so careless Carla?!?"

"Chillax malady...."

After y/n was done explaining herself Petra let out a small sigh. But she'll admit, she wanted to see the moment where Levi kicked her right on her 'precious' face.

"Okay okay...I get it all. But don't you think there's something else you should be doing now, than sitting here and gossiping with me?"

"And.........what is it?"

Petra gave y/n a 'are you serious?' look and massaged her temple.

"Seriously y/n? After all, you said back then. You don't even think you should at least apologize to corporal?"

"About that......" Y/n scratched the back of her head and let out a nervous chuckle.

"How can I apologize Petra?~~" she whined and held Petra's hands. Y/n looked at Petra with her puppy dog eyes and a pout.

"You're the best seductress for fuck's sake!! Just go and win him or whatever." Petra groaned and flicked y/n's forehead.

And then.......

She kicked y/n out of her room without any mercy.

With a sigh, you just went to your room to rest, not ready enough to face Levi for some odd reason.

After resting for a while and taking a quick shower, you waved off Petra and Oluo, cuz they had to go to the headquarters. Well, the night's gonna belong.