Chapter- 39- Dance

He slipped a hand on your waist, pulling you closer, and slightly slid his other hand in yours. With a smirk, you put your hand on his shoulder and raised an eyebrow of amusement.

The music started, and so did your feet. Both of your legs matched the rhythm, none falling behind.

You locked your eyes with him but we're too egoistic to fall into them.

Ego.

That's what's coming between the two of you right now.

Both of you had too much pride and ego to themselves that no one wanted to admit their defeat. Their defeat in love. Their defeat in desire.

None of the two you wished to admit how much have you fallen for the other. How much sticky the other's trap is. And how much you two wished to have more of each other.

Fascinating.

That's what people thought looking at the two of you dancing. Whispers and sweet sugar-coated words filled the hall, but the two of you were too busy to notice them.

You two were as if in a different dimension from the others. A dimension that just included you, him, the music, and the little butterflies.

The music intensified, and so did your steps. This wasn't a simple dance anymore. It was a battle. A battle of two prideful hearts. A battle of a queen and a king.

The queen was you. And you were the one who chose your king among the crowd of millions.

Just in a teasing manner, you backed away from him and took a few steps backward, expecting him to come closer. However, he pulled you back into him, causing your eyes to go as wide as saucers. He put his hand back on your waist, but this time, his grip felt different than before.

Before he just held you because of the dance. Now, it felt as if he was holding you for his pleasure. He bent forward and whispered in your ears. "You can't get away."

His voice and the extreme closeness caused shivers to run down your spine, but you covered it. Of course, what did we just talk about? Pride! Ego! MAINTAIN YOUR PRIDE AND EGO!!!!!

You slipped your hand from his shoulder to his nape and closed the distance between the two of you.
"ara~ talking about yourself, captain" Your teasing voice ran through his ears. Your teasing was annoying, but he has to admit, that these little words of yours were like a melody for him.

Something he was now used to hearing every day, and something he wants to hear even more.

It was good.

Until you slightly bit his ear.

His ear turned a slight shade of red. But it wasn't blushing, it was your rosy lipstick that turned them red.

He was used to it now. Used to you mocking him around. However, this was kinda different.

It was the first time you showed such an expression and such an action. Yes, it was the same as ever but different than it ever was. There was something different in you today. You just wanted to love today. You just wanted to be loved today. You just wanted to be yourself with him today.