Chapter- 10- Stars

The lights in the hallways are turned off and there's no sound from the outside. I guess everyone has slept till now. I move to the kitchen silently so that no one can notice. Not even a single sound escaped from me.

And thanks to this mansion everyone has their own room. I slipped down to the kitchen and finding anything to eat. I am actually really hungry.

I saw some sprouts and a bread on the side packed up. I fill a bowl of sprouts and make some black tea and move to the rooftop.

The light cold breeze welcoming me. The stars so beautiful that I can look at them as long as I want.

I sit on the roof corner hanging my legs down and enjoying my midnight snack. Right now nothing seems better than this moment. The cool breeze on my face. The stars in the sky so beutiful. I adore them. Sometimes I think that I could be a star and sometimes I think I could keep the stars near me.

"Oi, brat. What are you doing here?" I got snapped out of my beautiful beautiful moment by a deep voice. Standing there is my target, corporal Levi. I want to use some of my tricks on him but now is not the moment.

I dun want to ruin this moment. "I couldn't sleep, corporal." I replied returning my gaze to the sky and putting one more spoon of sprouts in my mouth.

"Hmm? What happened to heichoo?" I didn't look at him but I can tell that he is coming close to me as I can hear his footsteps.

"What? You like being called heichoo?" This time I looked at him and winked.

"Tch. Get to sleep brat." Annnnddddddd here he is back to his pissed off voice and look.

"I just told you, right? I can't sleep. I've got insomnia." I take a deep breath and got back to adore the stars. I actually don't have insomnia. But ever since that day when my mother started visiting me I get nightmares of her.

All this time I could sleep thanks to Petra. Even when we had bunk bed I slept with her so that I dun get nightmares. And it actually worked, her warmth felt special, like family.

I can feel Levi sitting beside me. I offered him the cup of tea, he first made a confusing look maybe of beacuse saliva germs but then accepted it and took a sip.

"Aren't these stars beautiful?" I ask him not giving him any look and just staring at the stars. "Hmm. They are." Taking another sip.

(Levi's POV)
"Aren't these stars beautiful?" Carla asked staring at the dark sky. She's actually beautiful "hmm. They are." I said looking at her. She's so beautiful then why do she use her beauty in a wrong way?

"They remind me of my dad." She said and I see a tear falling from her cheeks.

((Y/n)'s POV)
"They remind me of my dad." I said and I could feel a tear slip down to my cheeks. I quickly rub it off hoping that Levi won't notice it.

"Homesick?" He asked and I just nodded. No idiot... I am not homesick I just miss him knowing that I could never see him again.

"Why do you remember him seeing the stars?" He asked. Shall I tell him? Can I trust him? Well, he originally from underground, so I can tell him some things.

"My dad used to read me a lot of fairy tales. He once told me that when a person dies, it turn into a beautiful star. And the more kind the person is the more brighter star it becomes." I smiled at him.

His eyes widened a bit and got back to his normal ones. We were sitting in silence. But this silence was comfortable. It was really peaceful.

"Which one do you think he is?" He was the one breaking our silence. I looked at him and then back to the stars and smiled.

"I don't know, I can't say that he is the brightest one. he just is one." I smiled and I feel a hand on my cheeks. I look at Levi totally confused and then notice what he was doing. His thumb gently wiped off a tear I didn't even realised was there.

I just chuckled a bit and stare at the stars again. I could've flirted with him or teased him. But right now is not the moment. Right now I just want this moment to stay as it is.

Under shining stars, feeling the cold breeze and this comfortable silence between me and corporal. It just seems like the best moment. And I dun want it to end.