Chapter- 19- Decision

"where were you?" Asked a sleepy Petra ruffling her hairs.
"I was just on a walk since I couldn't sleep." Oh, of course you lied.

She smiled warmly at you and dragged you to the bed. Then threw you on the not-so comfortable matress and plopped beside you.

"I trust you y/n, you are my best friend." She whispered slowly but enough for you to hear.

Your mind soon diverted from the memories of tonight to her as you saw the sleeping beauty right in front of you.

Suddenly you felt a bit guilty. Why? Who knows? You shouldn't feel guilty, right? Petra already knows about you, then why do you have to feel guilty over nothing at all.

"I trust you y/n."
"You are my best friend"
"Why don't you join the scouts for real?"
"You are the best thing that have ever happened to me."

These words were echoing in your head. And you were now doubting yourself. Are you doing the right thing now?

Well, you were actually here for this.
Your sole purpose of being here was to kill Erwin, now can't step back.

But, do you really want this? Do you really want to go back to your hell? Do you want to go back to your 'mother'? The answer was simp;e. NO. But yet, that is where you belong. Not here laughing and chucking with people you call 'friends'.

Now when you look at it, you are practically betraying everyone.
HANJI, ELD, GUNTHER, OLUO.......PETRA...... AND LEVI.

You can't help but wonder that if you really wanted this. And the answer was no. You look at Petra once again who was sleeping peacefully in your embrace and your heart melt at the sight of her.

You found a real family over here. And you don't want to lose them.

So you decided that you are going to exchange your 3DMG with Erwin's tomorrow morning. It's better to die than to choose between your real family which was your 'mother' or the family you made here.

You let out a sigh knowing that it's your last day of your life.
Then a thing striked your mind.

"Don't die on me."
You dunno why but just this sentence was making you reconsider your decision of dying tomorrow.

But you can't go back on your words now. You have to exchange your 3DMG's tomorrow.
And with that you drifted off to a deep slumber.

---------------------------------

"Dieee." Said the man who was choking you right now. You weren't able to breath properly and your surroundings were becoming darker and darker.

This man was weak from all the beatings he have endured till now so that you can easily handle him. But something was holding you back.

"You made a monster. And you are going to be ome just like her." His weak voice fell in your ear and a tear rolled down your eyes.

"I have to kill you my dear. I have to kill you so that you don't end up becoming like her." A tear rolled down from the man's eyes and fell on you.

You couldn't stop anymore. You can feel the horror of death right now. The thing which was holding you from killing this man suddenly disappeared as you stabbed the old man's neck with a knife you never knew was with you.

His body became numb and he fell on you. You mercilessly rolled his body on the ground and coughed and gasped for air.

Suddenly you hear light chuckles and clapping from behind you. You never knew someone was behind you this whole time.

The woman crouched on your side and you snapped your head in her direction so that both of you were now face to face with each other.

That woman brought her hand on you face and cupped your cheeks then slightly embraced you in a cold hug.

"That's right my princess. You did the right thing. He called your mother a monster and you killed him. He was right, you are just like me and you are going to be like me.
Now....... Kill everyone. Kill each and every of them just like you killed your father just now my dear."

You didn't knew what to do. Kill everyone? Kill Petra? Kill Hanji? Kill Levi? Kill Erwin? Kill your squad? Just like you killed your father?

You shook your head slowly in a no. You can't kill anyone over here. You can not. They are your family.

The woman slowly released you from the hug and looked straight in your eyes.

"Didn't you wanted to be like me? Didn't you wanted me to be proud of you? Then KILL THEM. They are not you family I am your family. I am your world."

----------------------------------

You jolted awake from your nightmare. And looked beside you to see Petra sleeping peacefully. You were a sweating mess right now.

You didn't even noticed that you were crying. As soft, muffled and silent sobs left your mouth.

That's right. You were going to be just like her. You can't deny that. You cried for a while and then fell asleep again.

And it was just a nightmare. You know that it was your mother who killed your dad, not you.

But even this dream can't change your decision of sacrificing yourself for something you did now.